Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a garage full of Harley's and my wife and I have decided to rent a Goldwing for an upcoming trip out of SLC. We realize helmet to helmet communication on the Ultra has all the technological sophistication of AM radio...is there any part of the helmet mounted audio/pin connectors that can be reused on the Honda...or do I need to remove everything and buy a complete "Starcom 1" or equivalent set?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You might check with the maker of the headset and see if they have a lower cord that will work on the Honda, The Honda has a 5 pin lower connection to the bike, I don't know what yours is. Most Wing riders use J&M headsets but others will work.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
If you have a split cord, I think you will need the "lower cord" that plugs into the Wing audio system. You need a 5 pin which Joe mentioned. If you don't have a 2 piece cord you will need the long one piece. I don't know how much a full length cord runs. Hope you like your trip with the Wing.

Oh, and welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome as well from Alberta. Yeah, it's different on a Harley. My expereinces were soooo different I want back to Japanese bikes (not a slam guys, just fact). Hope you enjoy your rented Wing and find a good connector for the i/c.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses...communication may have to be non-verbal on this trip since I'm not going to spring for the intercom headsets for a one week rental...although everyone says once I ride one of these bikes, I'm going to buy one!
Kevin

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ask where you're renting the bike if they have any cords that will hook up to your headsets you could borrow.
Just be aware-Wing mics are live all the time. You most likely will be listening to the wind and some static all the time the I-com is on!

·
Registered
157 Posts
The HD plug will not work on the GW but you can listen to your tunes on the HD with the GW plug. You will not have communication though.
Actually Honda needs to upgrade the Icom. I am use to the HD and it is great with all types of adjustments but the Icom sucks on the GW as compared to the HD units.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My wife and I don't use the communicators on the Wing. They're so quiet you can talk over the engine noise, if you need to or want to. Personally, I don't mind not listening to her (he says in a whisper).
Strat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts