Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first post on this forum. I just purchased a new 0 miles 2010 Pearl Yellow Goldwing from the dealer in Searcy, AR.

I've owned 4 Hondas in the past but haven't ridden in over 30 years and this is my first cruising bike. I'm finding the Goldwing is a challenge when you haven't ridden in a while and always rode off road/street bikes. Every time out I get more comfortable on it, and I plan to have it coverted to a trike in a year or so.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the regulars on the forum.

Roland Nickelson
Grove, OK

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello roland, welcome to GWOF. the more you ride your wing the more comfortableand confident you will become and congrats

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. And the :D crowd of Wingers.
Ride Safe and enjoy the Forum,lots of fine folks on here.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Congrats on your new wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama. Ride Safe

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome To GWOF from Maryland , nice color choice

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You for the Welcome

Thank you for the warm welcome to the Goldwing world. I'm getting anxious to get out on the road and get in a many miles as I can before winter sets in.

I love the Pearl Yellow color, it matches my 1974 VW beetle.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting to know the regulars on the forum.

Roland Nickelson
Grove, OK
You'll not only get to know them, you will end up becoming one of them. She's a big bike, jayhawk, but the size is 90% psychological. I came off a cruiser and it took a full riding season to get psychologically comfortable with the perceived weight and girth. It was rather the bike had to get used to me than the reverse. If they talk to each in the parking lot when we are not around I can only imagine the conversations they have about their new owners. Looks like you and our regular GORDO have something in common.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum...What a lucky guy...going straight to the 1800. I have had to work my way up..a 1000, a 1200 then the 1500. When the 1800's get old enough for me to afford, I hope to try one, that is if I'm still riding at 70 cuz I'll be about that old probably before the price is in my range. Hope you enjoy the forum and the ride. I sure do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a 25th anniversary/65th birthday present from my wife, she hasn't told me what I'm getting her yet. I've always been a tightwad but I'm seeing you can't take it with you, so enjoy some of the fruits of your labor when you are still healthy.;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Great folks here. Enjoy your new GW, Ride Safe and remember you are never too old to ride until you are too old.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome along!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a great site, glad I found it so soon after purchasing my bike. I'm not going to add a lot of bling to my bike, I've ordered some hiway pegs and I want to add a spoiler.

I found both after market and OEM spoilers on Ebay and Amazon. Should I be cheap and get the after market spoiler or go with the OEM, both come in Pearl Yellow. I've searched the threads and cant find much on the subject.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm like twostroke, over the years I moved up through 5 wings. You think the 18 is big? Go ride the 1500 for a while, now that's a big bike! The 18 is like a quarter less girth and a third more power than the 15. I thought the biggest change in the Wings was the difference between the 1000s and the 1100s, but then thats just me. The 1800 handles like a sports car as far as I'm concerned. Oh and something else, please don't trike it, you will ruin a perfectly good motorcycle. I know, I just made some people mad at me... oh well...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would go for the stocker, I've heard there are problems with the cheaper one...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts