Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,my name is Bobby,and i am a newly arriving member here.I just picked up a 1984 gl1200 and im having a few problems that im hoping to get some help with.I picked up this bike the other week,and took her home,checked the carbs,plugs,charged up and replaced battery and got her fired up.The problem that im having,is that the bike is only running on two cylinders at all times,and the bike pops back,backfires,and basically runs like crap.The carbs are nice and clean,new air filter,fuel filter,etc.But the right rear,and left front cylinders do not seem to be firing at all.I pulled the wires off the weak cylinders,with the bike running,and i have spark(and a spike hairdo):D I shut the bike down,and pulled the plugs,and it doesnt seem to be getting fuel to those two cylinders,as the plugs are as clean as when i put them in.I know that this seems to be some sort of fuel delivery issue,and my question is,if the carbs are out of sync,will it cause it to do this?Ive heard all the horror stories about the stators going out on these bikes as well,and am worried that it may be a charging issue as well.And lastly,the fuel pump on this bike,seems to only generate a very light pulse,about one every second,...is this normal as well??Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,372 Posts
floats or jets were the carbs cleaned? float out of adjustment

·
Super Moderator
10,436 Posts
Bob, welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post is a problem, but don't worry, folks on here are pretty knowlegable about fixing Wings (unlike me) and will help. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.