Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a BMW rider (k1300GT) who is seriously considering buying a Goldwing. I am considering buying a low mileage '06 comfort/Nav from a private owner. Here are a few questions:

*'06 was the first year of the refresh. Any issues? My '09 K1300GT is a first year refresh model and has been nothing but trouble. It is all covered by warranty but it has spent too much time in the shop.

*How is American Honda to work with in the event of a problem? Trying to get help from BMWNA has been like pulling teeth.

*Anyone else converted from a BMW sport tourer to a Goldwing? Impressions?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site remphoto, and we have lots of current and past BMW owners on the forum. The most common thing I hear from them is the horrendous cost of ownership of what is otherwise a fantastic motorcyle. I can't speak for American Honda, but being a dealer in Canada, they are very concerned about customer satisfaction, and the reputation of the company in the consumer's mind. All OEM's are tightening up their policies to some degree, but when it is a clear cut issue of manufacturer failure, they are first rate in my estimation. I've only had a couple issues personally in over 35 years of Honda ownership, and from a customer standpoint, they have been exemplary. They even replaced a cv joint in my wife's Acura car even though the boot was torn (durability problem associated with the severity of Canadian winters), and in the same car, they replaced the brake rotors (which most manufacturers wouldn't even dream of) when they went out of round at over 100,000 kms (60,000 mi). I know cars and bikes have different warranties, but it's the committment of Honda that matters.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I far as I know or have heard there are no major problems with the 2006-2010 model years. 2001-04 had some frame and coolant problems but nothing from 2005 on up. Hope you get your Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the site. Nice folks and good info on here.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello remphoto and welcome to GWOF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts