Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for reading my post.

How many miles is a 1993 Goldwing good for? Looking at a bike in West Tenn. a 1993 Goldwing Interstate. I have only looked at the bike online. The owners reports 100,000 miles. New tires. Says doesn't smoke or use oil. This is about all I know so far.
He wants $3500. Haven't been able to get him down anymore so far.
I plan on going to look at it this weekend.
In the pictures it is a sharp looking bike.
Just thought I would ask the experts on Goldwings, you guys!
Please give me your thoughts and advise.
Thanks so much!
Also, am I too old for one of these?
I am 57 years old, 5' 10", 200 lbs.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
A Goldwing is good for 300,000 miles and beyond if taken care of.
Sounds like it has gotten regular maintenance.
You're of the correct age for a Goldwing, I got mine and 49 years old and turned 50 the following month.
It's the 'Interstate' model a plain Wing. The price is in line with what I checked on NADA guides.com
Good luck, I hope you get it.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Can't tell you how many miles they'll go. I have 187,???. Miles on my 93 and it's running fine.Oh yah I'm 71 and still riding.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
As far as the miles on it I would not be worried too much....as long as it was taken care of and not sitting in a barn somewhere. On my 1500 it has 297,000 and still going good. Don't worry about age either, I know of a guy that is in his 80's and on a wing.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
If it runs well and looks good, buy it! Period.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello clava, welcome to GWOF. nothing to add hat hasn't already been said

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
What's been said so far. Interstate has no reverse if that's a concern to you, and unless the p/o installed something, I think there was AM/FM radio for audio. Other than that, welcome and hope you find a great Wing.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Don't worry so much about the mileage on a 1500, they will go a long, long ways so long as it was taken care of. Maintenance records would be a plus.

There are a lot of low mileage 1500's out there but many of those have set unused for a number of years which is BAD!! It can take a lot of $$$'s to get them road worthy again but at the end of it you have a good low mileage 1500.

Good luck on your decision!!

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
The price looks good, the miles look good, and there is one 71 year old:eek: that I chased for day's and he was doing good.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
As long as the bike has been properly maintained the mileage should not be an issue. Many Wings travel well over 200k without major problems. Ask if the timing belts have been changed. When/if you buy it, check the tires, change the fluids and your good to go.. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
At the M Beach SC rally last year I saw a 01 wing with 478K miles on the clock and the letter stated the engine has never been into. of couse that is a 1800 however the 1500 is just as good so with care you'll not wear it out any time soon.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I have found another one to look at.
A 1991 Wing with 117K. It is at a car dealer in West Tenn.
An Aspencade.it's either black.
$3995. Can be bought for $3500.
About 65-70, miles away.

This one seems a better buy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Goldwing Life Time

Thanks for reading my post.

How many miles is a 1993 Goldwing good for? Looking at a bike in West Tenn. a 1993 Goldwing Interstate. I have only looked at the bike online. The owners reports 100,000 miles. New tires. Says doesn't smoke or use oil. This is about all I know so far.
He wants $3500. Haven't been able to get him down anymore so far.
I plan on going to look at it this weekend.
In the pictures it is a sharp looking bike.
Just thought I would ask the experts on Goldwings, you guys!
Please give me your thoughts and advise.
Thanks so much!
Also, am I too old for one of these?
I am 57 years old, 5' 10", 200 lbs.
Thanks again.
Hi Mate we had a 1994 Goldwing 1500 aspencade it had
59898Klms on the clock here i must admitt it was in very good cond with 6months rego they wanted $25,500 with the trailer FAR FAR to much it was in a Car Yard.
I ride a 1995 Goldwing Aspencade i change the oil an filter every 3000Klm,s with a new oil fliter as soon as the oil changes colour i drop it .My brother is lookinf for a new bike to buy he lost his bike in a big work shop fore in 18.04.2011 he after one like a Goldwing so he,s going towards a ST1100 VERY Nice bike and are bullet proof if you can pick one up with 80 or 90 ,ooo on the clock you will not go wromg ,Good Luck Let me Know how you go when you buy one OK ALL the best Goldwingman1500 from down under.???:eek::p:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for all the replys. I have found another one to look at.
A 1991 Wing with 117K. It is at a car dealer in West Tenn.
An Aspencade.it's either black.
$3995. Can be bought for $3500.
About 65-70, miles away.

This one seems a better buy.
Hi Mate if you can buy it for that Price grab it an Run that bike would bring at least $11000 here in Australia with only that many miles on her it just run In ENJOY Laurie cheer,s Mate:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Knowing the Best Bike to Buy and find out Who are your True Mates ARE ???

Hi Guys Thank you all for making me So Wellcome Here i Love my Goldwings as you might be able to tell .
1St with a 750Honda 4 nice Bike but with all my Medical Problems i had to find a bike with Reverse and a goldwing fitted the ticket .
Bought a Grey import thats what they call a bike brought over from the US you need an Engineer to Certifire it to Australia Road Specs
and a grey import are about $3000 cheaper than a goldwing bought here in OZ ?
My Wife passed away in 93 my only love as i had a 5003cld Kawasaki tripple went like the Clappers in a straight Line .
Then bought an old 1000goldwing side car outfit rode her home Ok took the side car Off made a few Bucks fixed her up a little the motor was like a swis watch would not miss a beat sold her after fixing her up a bit , Found a 1000 Aspencade in Queensland from a truckie he was driving through if you like it buy it if Not leave it on my truck cant go wrong with that the paint work was not the Best But the Motor went like a Dream so i bought here as i love a sharft drive keep her for many years rode to the Coast for a Camping trip she never let me down i told the boys i was going to buy one of those new 1500 Goldwing,s with Reverse they laughfed at me .?
Then i rolled up on my Candy Apple Red goldwing Aspencade not a mark on her with only 55,000 on the clock Klm,s it was like New my Pride an Joy i park here in my Daughter,s old beedroom on the rear of my Home Life was GOOD .
Then my Youngest Son Rang me about 8.30 Monday saying he will be sleeping at his best Mates Place which he,s done many time went to Bed then about 5Am some bugger was belting my front Door i got up very pissed off Turned THE PORCH light on i saw to Police Hats through the Glass My Heart dropped to the Floor can we come in they said to cut the story short is you Son Named Matthew R*** SORRY TO TELL YOU Son was killed by His best mate Broke his Neck very fast , i spoke to his Best Mate i asked where drinking NO NO Sobber as a Judge after the Tox screen came back .175 Bloody lier , If it wasnt for out Bike Club we have here i dont know where i would be .You really find out who are your Mate,s when the chips are Down Remember you Mates :eek::(

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
3,460,974mis Goldwingman?:eek: Think you've got at least 1 digit too many. Either that or You Da Man!:p

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Holy Hell, Goldwingman! Please disregard my previous post, which was sent, I thought, before yours. My God, that is the one thing I most wish to never experience, the loss of one of our children. I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lost a Child

Holy Hell, Goldwingman! Please disregard my previous post, which was sent, I thought, before yours. My God, that is the one thing I most wish to never experience, the loss of one of our children. I am so sorry for your loss.
Yes it really screws with your Head as we where just getting things back togeather after i had to turn OFF my Wife,s Life support Machine , I had to go to ID His Body still fully dressed there was NOT a mark or scratch on his Body it was like he was asleep but he was SO COLD ,I swear to God that smell in that room i will never forget he had a Tag on his Big toe i have never felt so helpless in my whole life .
Then the Police tells me Matthew has to go to Wangaratta for a Post Mortom i was Noy happy about that .
We Lost our first Daughter she lived about 5minutes in 73 my wife passed away 1Aug 93 my only Love then Matthew in 1998 thats it i dont go to any Funerals any more as it brings it all Back TO Painfull to Handle Sorry to upset your weekend guys Laurie .What get,s me through it all is knowing there is allways some one Worse OFF Than Me ??:mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.