Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am knew to this forum. I just purchased a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade fixer upper for $800 last week. I got it to the point were it is starting now. I have it stripped down and ready for a knew paint job. I look forward to talking with other goldwing owners. I also have a 2004 big dog Chopper. I know two totally different styles :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Welcome from Vermont!! Good price for your bike for sure what was wrong with it???

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from NC.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
We enjoy seeing the restoration process. Every bike deserves a second chance . You have a soft spot in that Big Dog heart of yours and this is a forum where that is appreciated and your experience needed. Good morning from our Nation's Capitol.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Greetings & have fun with your project, Like Chopin said we like projects here. Take some pictures & post them. Again welcome to the GWOF.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Enjoy the site and ride safe, especially since a lot of us "Northerners" have packed it in for the season..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy who sold it to me thought it had brain problems since it cut off on him after about 2-5 minutes. I found that the fuel pump was not working. I used a Mr. Gasket on it for now and it it started up good but the float is stuck open in one carb and i have gas coming out of the air breather. I need avcarb job since the gas was all gummed up since he had it sitting around when it stopped on him. It does have knew tire and brakes and everything else seems to be working fine. I will post some before pictures later tonight.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello rrodri, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Welcome aboard! You're gonna have that Wing smiling all bright and shiney in no time. pics please :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North RR. If you have the bike torn apart anyway, you might want to consider a stator upgrade or alternator kit. Just my $.02, had a 1200 for eight years, '84 model.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello, I am knew to this forum. I just purchased a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade fixer upper for $800 last week. I got it to the point were it is starting now. I have it stripped down and ready for a knew paint job. I look forward to talking with other goldwing owners. I also have a 2004 big dog Chopper. I know two totally different styles :)
Welcome!!! :):)

I enjoying visiting the gulf coast especially Anna Maria Island, St. Pete and Clearwater. :D

Notice that you have a Big Dog Chopper, which model???? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Welcome & greetings from Ormond Beach.
Enjoy your restoration project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wil look into that Stator/alternator kit thanks.

My Big Dog model is just chopper. They did not call it a K9 or anything else for 2004 since they only had one chopper that year.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. I am a big fan of old bikes. There is something special about seeing an old bike or car on the road. The owner gets a kick out of it as do all who see it. Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts