Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 1st Goldwing. It is a 86 Aspencade Fuel Injected 1200. 41,000 miles and with a little proding she looks good to go. She would not start when I got her and we checked /replaced the fuel. Found the fuel pump was bad with some pro help and replaced it with a Honda Acord fuel pump (could not find a MC pump). She starts now so we are going to look at the timing belts next. No picks yet but I am excited,:)

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the Classic Wing, you've got a nice one.
You may want to change the coolant, differential fluid, brake/clutch fluid.
Post some photos too.
Glad to have you with us on the nicest Goldwing Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I never thought of the brake fluid etc. but will do as soon as I find a owners manual on line. Previous owner could not find it.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
I have a spare Clymer GL1200 service manual if you need it.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Welcome 86glwing from your neighbor in Texas. Bought me an 85 LTD a few months ago that's also fuel injected. Mine runs like a scalded cat. Ran 2 cans of Seafoam thru mine and it runs perfect.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state and congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Hey they 86. Welcome to the GWOF from another Keystoner.

Pssst.... Good stuff goes on here in case no one told you.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello 86glwing, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks much for the welcome from all as I will be asking a lot of questions and sharing my bloody nuckles with you.

Trike Lady, what is a Clymer GL1200? If it is a Honda, a servise manual would be great. Please let me know how to comunicate with you to get a price.

Dan B, you Seafoam comment was on target for me as I was going to use a can and a local said not to waste my money. I will buy some today.

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
Welcome from over here. I Google Earth'ed your area. I love the Southwest as most on this forum have heard too many times. I have a High School pal residing in Deming and every April, while visiting in Phoenix , I think maybe this will be the year I ride down there. " Clymers" is a take off publication manual, just like Chilton's . " trike lady " is one of our resident mechanics here.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada 86gl. Great forum as you'll find out.
Your town name intrigues me....ever get mail addressed to Elephant Butt?
Please send pics:)
Strat

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Welcome 86GL! AS you can see, no shortage of assistance around here. You can use the private message option to communicate directly with individual membersaway from the open forum. Just click on their name in their post and a menu box will open. You can also use the private message link below the WELCOME ******** on the upper right that shows you signed in, and there's also the User CP as well. Mail sent your way!:D

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
To bad you don't live closer could help you with the bike fluids change. No difficult and I enjoy doing it.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Thanks much for the welcome from all as I will be asking a lot of questions and sharing my bloody nuckles with you.

Trike Lady, what is a Clymer GL1200? If it is a Honda, a servise manual would be great. Please let me know how to comunicate with you to get a price.

Dan B, you Seafoam comment was on target for me as I was going to use a can and a local said not to waste my money. I will buy some today.
I'll send you a PM on the manual. I got it from someone as a set, I wanted the Honda GL1200 Aspencade electrical manual and purchased them both. Didn't really have a need for a duplicate but have it just in case someone needs it. The manual is published by Clymer and is for the GL1200.

·
Registered
286 Posts
From one '86 er to another,...WELCOME!!! Mine is being worked on by the mechanic where I store her for the winter. Should be good to go this spring. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad to have you on the forum. Good luck and enjoy your Wing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts