Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members. I live in the ski resort of Sun Peaks, in British Columbia. I just purchased an 08 GL1800 with 1700 miles on the odo. It'll be shipped out later this month, to be picked up in Seattle and driven home.

This is my second wing, my first was a 1000 which I bought in 86'.

I just sold my last bike which was a 2000 Indian Chief, and am looking forward to the comfort, style, and engineering advantages of the Wing. My wife is looking forward to a more comfortable passenger ride.

I was hoping to download an owner's manual to familiarize myself with the Wing before it's delivered, and was a bit disappointed to not find a free version. I don't want to buy, as I will get a manual when the bike is delivered, but I won't have too much time to read it at the freight dock before I drive away.

I'll try to post a couple of photos after I get the bike. My other ride is a new modified 79' Corvette.

Looking forward to participating on this forum.

Cheers

Ed

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Congratulations from down Texas way, yellowvette.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Thanks for the link Charlie. This'll make my introduction to the new bike a lot smoother. Much appreciated.

Ed
(yellovette)

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello ed, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the new wing

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ed enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ontario. Really a newbie myself. Hope to ride in BC someday. If you come to Ontario let us know, will recommend a tour or two to take while here.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome along Ed. Going to be in your neck of the woods next w/e for the Victoria Days GWRRA gig in Salmon Arm. Will you have your bike that soon? I'll likely take the Yellowhead down there and return via the Icefields Parkway to make use of my Parks Pass. Maybe we can cross paths since I'll be so close by.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome along Ed. Going to be in your neck of the woods next w/e for the Victoria Days GWRRA gig in Salmon Arm. Will you have your bike that soon? I'll likely take the Yellowhead down there and return via the Icefields Parkway to make use of my Parks Pass. Maybe we can cross paths since I'll be so close by.
Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately no bike for the upcoming w/e. I sent the deposit to Iowa dealer 9 days ago and haven't even received the paperwork yet. Bike will likely arrive early June. Wish I could have joined you. Sounds like fun. Going to Vancouver this w/e to pick up wife's new toy, 07' Pontiac Solstice.

If you're in the neighbourhood after Sunday give a call 250-578-8309

Have fun, ride safe.

Ed
(yellovette)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
PM sent buddy:D

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Greeting Yellovette. From South of the B.C. boarder in Sumas, USA. If you are interested in hooking up with other Wing owners in your Area. Check with Kirk Elliott over in Kamloops, he is the director for the local Gold Wing Road Rider Assoc. Chapter.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great Info!

Greeting Yellovette. From South of the B.C. boarder in Sumas, USA. If you are interested in hooking up with other Wing owners in your Area. Check with Kirk Elliott over in Kamloops, he is the director for the local Gold Wing Road Rider Assoc. Chapter.
Ron
Thank you very much Ron. I hadn't even thought about it yet, but I will definitely hook up with the local GWRRA. I've entered Kirk's name and affiliation in my list of contacts and will definitely give him a call once I get the bike licensed in Canada. I'm guessing you might get up this way once in a while yourself. If so, we'll probably hook up as well.

Ed
(Yellovette)

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Thank you very much Ron. I hadn't even thought about it yet, but I will definitely hook up with the local GWRRA. I've entered Kirk's name and affiliation in my list of contacts and will definitely give him a call once I get the bike licensed in Canada. I'm guessing you might get up this way once in a while yourself. If so, we'll probably hook up as well.

Ed
(Yellovette)
We try to get up to Kamloops a few times a year. Last summer we spent 4 days chasing Kirks tail light around the area. Some great riding in that area, even rode up to the Peaks one day. Got picture of us in the BIG Chair.
Let us know when you come through here with your new wing.
Ron

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We try to get up to Kamloops a few times a year. Last summer we spent 4 days chasing Kirks tail light around the area. Some great riding in that area, even rode up to the Peaks one day. Got picture of us in the BIG Chair.
Let us know when you come through here with your new wing.
Ron
Good stuff Ron. I'll look forward to meeting you. Glad to know you're familiar with our little village, (Sun Peaks).

Ed
(Yellovette)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts