Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding since I was 14, also have a 03 Shadow Spirit; no one said you can only have one! Anyway yesterday I picked up my 95 GL1500 Aspencade 27K miles.
Question 1; tires: the owner of the shop while helping me checkout the bike for the ride home inflated both tires to 42 lbs. The tires are Dunlop OE replacement tires with a max load pressure of 41 lbs. Bike sticker calls for 33/36 for less than max load I weigh only 150. Bike didn't fell right. Whos right?
2. Rear brake: I had to extend my foot tilted downward to the maximum to apply the rear brakes. I know there is some adjustment in the pedal height which I attend to do soon, but I expect also old fluid and or air. Any thoughts.
3. Is there any tricks to picking up one of these? I'm 5'6" 150 lbs, not weak but not Atlas either!
My 15 minutes of fame: When 49 years ago I drag raced Harleys 113.20 mph 11.96 sec 1/4 mile.

Thanks everyone. Great site. Hope for my first road trip next year.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here's a video on how to lift a Wing. It's a 1800 but the method would be the same for a 1500. Trust me I know it works on both since I've had to lift both back up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFY91626u0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts