Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name is Ken (allienfuel). I am 40+ married self employed live in Yuba county foothills here in Nor-Cal. Been riding off n on most of my life mostly trail bikes. I crashed a few nothing to bad. But in 08 I went over the bars of my 82 gl 1100. Lady turned left in front of me instead of t-boning her i kicked rear around went into her sideways, did the superman over her cleared the car bounced n rolled but walked away 32 stitches to close my arm up but walked away!!! That was my first real crash man was I PISSED!!!! I rebuilt the bike figured we had a history now n that was worth building on. Took me a year to start on it only three weeks once i got going. Now 15,000 miles later I just picked up a 86 gl 1200 from my bro. I am not letting my 82 go I Love that bike (+ we got history). The 86 needs a few issues delt with, which is why I came to this forum, I got some ????????? Since this is my first day on here i'll save the ????? for later. Just thought I would throw my info out there first. I am still riding my 82 we call it our marriage councilor. I have plans of putting the 86 on the road this season it seams to be a bit more comfy on long rides I think it will pull my trailer a little easier (my 82 tends to run a bit warm). Well I guess thats about enough info for now. Medicate Safely!!!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, allienfuel. I'm not that handy with a wrench, but there are plenty here that are, so don't hold back on the questions.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central Cal. Bummer about your crash. Great to see you up and going again.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
You have a couple of great bikes there. Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Eric

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello ken, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Name is Ken (allienfuel). I am 40+ married self employed live in Yuba county foothills here in Nor-Cal. Been riding off n on most of my life mostly trail bikes. I crashed a few nothing to bad. But in 08 I went over the bars of my 82 gl 1100. Lady turned left in front of me instead of t-boning her i kicked rear around went into her sideways, did the superman over her cleared the car bounced n rolled but walked away 32 stitches to close my arm up but walked away!!! That was my first real crash man was I PISSED!!!! I rebuilt the bike figured we had a history now n that was worth building on. Took me a year to start on it only three weeks once i got going. Now 15,000 miles later I just picked up a 86 gl 1200 from my bro. I am not letting my 82 go I Love that bike (+ we got history). The 86 needs a few issues delt with, which is why I came to this forum, I got some ????????? Since this is my first day on here i'll save the ????? for later. Just thought I would throw my info out there first. I am still riding my 82 we call it our marriage councilor. I have plans of putting the 86 on the road this season it seams to be a bit more comfy on long rides I think it will pull my trailer a little easier (my 82 tends to run a bit warm). Well I guess thats about enough info for now. Medicate Safely!!!
Welcome to the GWOF Ken....40+. You need to be more clear. As the standing BABY of the forum and of Goldwings in general, I fully intend on keeping that stately position.:p Glad you got back in the saddle after such a crash....lot a folks take that as a sign to stick to 4 wheels.:)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Welcome alienfuel, cool handle! Yup, ride 'er 'til she bucks ya, get back on and giver her a good whipping! Oh, wait, that's an old nag not a bike:rolleyes: Enjoy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
40+ = 42 yeah a youngster to most!! As for gettin back on my bro threw his keys latter that day after the crash, I was bit sore I had to to pass. But it was less than a week I had the wife on the back of his bike for a long ride.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
42 by number gets me.....But NOT SO FAST!!! If you are heavily medicated (as you state), that violates the doping policy of this Forum:eek:......Maybe you can take this to arbitration. For now though, I am still the BABY!!!! .....BABY:p:p

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
42 by number gets me.....But NOT SO FAST!!! If you are heavily medicated (as you state), that violates the doping policy of this Forum:eek:......Maybe you can take this to arbitration. For now though, I am still the BABY!!!! .....BABY:p:p
Wait I thought I was the youngest ?

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Wait I thought I was the youngest ?
Sorry dude....just copied from your profile.
"44 year old male who likes to have fun with his family and loves the Baltimore ravens"

Try again:D

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the site.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is a really cool site!! I am glad i found it. I have had many reply's from some very knowledgeable ppl to my post. This is great Thank you all!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.