Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum, been riding for over 30 years. Mostly HD's. had a 78 GW with the Vetter package back when. It was a great bike and I had it for years. Thinkin on gettin another GW, cant afford new or lightly used, not working and on a fixed income. So I'm looking for a "deal" on a good used GW, I've always loved the look of the 1200 and there priced in my range. Working a deal on one right now....posted in general discussion......VERY mechanical so I can fix alot of things........we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of good (and smart aleck) information.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of fun people hang out here. Hope you find what you are looking for.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
mtnkwby,

Welcome to the GWOF. We have good people here & good discussion as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Lots of good used Wings out there. I"m sure you will find one in your range. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll get a lot of good (and smart aleck) information.
Hi, I'm Alec (previously mispelled) and welcome to the forum.

I have no expertise on 1200s but this guy is one of the ones who knows them best.

You have come to the right place. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello mtnkwby, welcome to GWOF and good luck making the deal for the 1200 wing

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcom from the Heartland!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Welcome July. Lots of good folks and good info here.
Check out our profiles to get to know us a little and tell us a little about you.
What do you ride?

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Hi, I'm Alec (previously mispelled [correction: misspelled]) and welcome to the forum.

Hey, you don't have to be able to spell to work on bikes! Look at all the HD riders out there.

:D

(I know I'll catch he** for this.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, you don't have to be able to spell to work on bikes! Look at all the HD riders out there.

:D

(I know I'll catch he** for this.)
Hey now!! I resemble that remark!

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
No biggy! I dont care what anyone rides, I figure if you have the balls to throw you leg over 2 wheels and ride...........your good in my book. I know that I dont have a wing yet, but in my book there are only 2 brands that I will ride, HD and Honda. Now that I'm gettin older, touring machines seem to be my ride of choice, there more comfy and big like I am now. Had about 12 Honda's over the years along with 6 HD's, I'm just an old biker now, and just want to ride, and HD's and GW's are what I like. In a perfect world I would probably have 1 of each, but my present finacial status wont let that happen. I'm just getting ready to turn in my 09 FLHTC since I cant afford the payments since I got laid off in March. I can tell you....NOBODY wants to hire a 53 year old these days. So it looks like I'll be on unemployment till it runs out and then be forced to retire early. Not what I really planned on, but not really devistating either. It just forced me to change plans. I thought that I would have the HD paid off about the time I was gunna retire. So I will retire a few years earlier than I planned, but I will always have a bike, for as long as I can swing a leg over one. When I cant I will probably go to a trike.........gotta be "in the wind" to be happy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all im down under in Ozzie land i ride a 1995 goldwing aspc with 145,000 klm,s on the clock ,.
Can any one help me, as i had my bike in my daughter,s bedroom for a few month,s with out startting her, she is going now BUT my low beam an Stop light want work is this low beam on the same fuse or is it a bigger problem please let me know what you think, and thank you for the forum goldwingman.apart from this problem i love her i tow a small trailer and just bought a new NOLAN blue tooth intercom bike to bike large expence but it,s worth it any way stay safe all and ride your bike like you stole it ????????????:eek:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
wow, so many howdy's on here I forget who's who anymore. @ welcome to all yis who joined on this thread!!!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts