Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Name is Greg. I recently picked up an '89 GL1500 trike (with Voyager kit). I also ride a Harley Ultra Classic, but no trike kit, though the one on my GW will fit my UC.

I got the GW trike so my wife and I can ride two-up more easily. She's got bum knees and neither of us is getting any younger or slimmer :) Plus, we can now travel w/out the truck and MC trailer when we want to ride to places farther away. Plus, she's has her M endorsement and maybe I can talk her into giving up her Burgman scooter for the GW.

Gotta admit that it takes some unlearning to ride a trike. At first, it seems kludgy and heavy, but when you realize you never have to put your feet down and you only need your arms and shoulders, it becomes easier.

I'm looking forward to some good discussion and learning a bit more about GW's.

BTW, I'm not new to Hondas, having owned a Shadow 750, VTX1800C, and VTX1300R over the past years. I will admit that there is something comforting about Honda and their reliability. And this 6cyl monster I now have is no different.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Greetings Greg those are some nice wheels you have there.
One of my riding buddies is from Centreville in the North. Beware of Chopin114.

Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello gerg, welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings Greg those are some nice wheels you have there.
One of my riding buddies is from Centreville in the North. Beware of Chopin114.

Ride Safe.
Bill,

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up on forum participants.

If I had a nickel for every Honda rider who hated the Harley brand and every Harley rider who hated the Honda brand, I'd have a pocket full of nickels. I suppose the same could be said of Yamaha, Victory, etc.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't hate HDs, just hate waiting for the tow truck! :D

(UH OH, post number 666!!)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, Greg.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts