Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  marcsvette 
#1 ·
Hi all I have been reading the form for several weeks now and seems like everyone is willing to help. I have traveled across country on a goldwing without ever riding one, I wait every day to see where they are on this day and to see the pics. I just picked up a 81 interstate, that has been sitting for about 2 years. It was used every day till he bought a new off brand (H) then this one just sat, he told me it did not charge the batt. anymore, he charged it every night and it lasted for the day, so he didn't fix it. I know stator. I am really to old to start riding,but thought I would get it all fixed up and see if I should try it. I use to love to ride when I was young, just small bike, 550 and so on. I don't have very much in this one so I will fix it and see from there.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Get that puppy fixed and go riding. Your never too old to ride. If you can't ride on 2 get 3 wheels. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

#3 ·
Welcome Arkie. Might not be the stator in your bike (that was more of a 1200 model issue), I'd suspect the battery is just toast. Try that and if you still have troubles, then investigate the charging system. TW is right on riding, you're not too old, and there are options if the bike's heft is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.