Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

I'm a new GoldWing rider. I have a '82 GoldWing 1100. I bought it back in April and I've just started learning how to ride. I also have a VF500 Interceptor that I'm using as a training bike.

I bought this bike to satisfy a life long dream and as a graduation present for myself. I'll be 47 years old this August and I just graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science. Also, back when I was in high school my best friend had a Honda GoldWing and my first ride hooked me. I was in love, I had to have one. So this coming August, I'm taking my first road trip somewhere in northern Michigan. I would appreciate some tips from some of the more experienced riders.

While I'm here I'll be looking for information on taking care of my bike and I'll be reading about others experiences on their bikes.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida, I'm the first person to welcome you. you'll learn a lot from us.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. Lots of nice folks on here and good information. It's not hard to get "hooked" on a Goldwing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome from Alberta Canada. I too had a VF500, used that as my commuter scoot and my GL1200i for touring with the Mrs. Wish I still had the Interceptor.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Virginia welcomes you into the fold. If I'm not mistaken, our board moderator " detdrbuzzard " is also a Detroit rider. He's a morning person so catch him early.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the best goldwing site online!!
Sincerely ray in vermont!!

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF wil462. have you taken the mfs course yet? do signup for it so you'll be legal out on the road. i'm in your area on the west side so let me know if you need some help

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
there is no need to drain the tank just add some fuel stabilizer to the gas, close the fuel petcock and run the carbs dry. my niece ( bettyboop on this forum ) rides an '82 naked wing, her '79 wing was totaled last year

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
let me know what time and i'll meet you by the lighthouse

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
i have to get a passport so i can head up to hamilton and a seperate trip to leamington maybe visit stratroy too

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
I'm gonna have to get back with you on the bike ride saturday. I have to work this weekend (darn it). Boss knew I wanted this weekend off too. Anyway, I'll let you know when so we can hook up.
i'm going over to mom's house saturday morning to remove a bee hive, she lives near jefferson and conner and i'm near schafer and tireman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.