Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a great GL1200 Aspencade for $1000 today here in Upstate SC I had to drive 3 hous to get it. It was well worth it. It has set outside a bit but is in great overall condition. It going to need to be tuned up and gas drained new fuel filter installed. I guess I'll save the timing belt for the last thing. It starts and runs but it sounds like it only hitting on 2. The guy that owned it hadn't ridden it for 5 years now. But 1 good thing he sent over to the Honda shop and $600 worth of work done to it last year and they put in a beautiful new Interstate Gel Performance Battery which I was quite pleased to see. Its going to take a while to work out the bugs but the guages all work. Not at sure about the air ride system. The CB is not workign as is the panasonic casette radio. The clock looks like it's working ok. There are tons of extra goldwing odds and ends he threw in with the bike. Really nice old fella. He really loved the bike I could tell. It has a gold plaque with his name on it inside the fairing on the right side. What is the best wat to drain the old fuel from the gas tank, by the eletric fuel pump into a container? I sure love the bike so far, man is it heavy though. I'm struggling to get it on the center stand right now. Great to chat with you guys, hope to see out on thr road enjoying our bikes. Oldsdroptop :cool:

·
Premium Member
24,039 Posts
Hello from Northern Virginia! I also got my first Wing in November. Been hanging around here ever since.There are alot of 1200 and 1500 riders here with some miles behind them and some good advise to pass forward. Funny you should mention the center stand . It was my first challange. I'm still not graceful with it and I have to approach it with a degree of determined anger. It doesn't happen when your timid. I have an '08, so I'm not any help on the technical side of your bike. But, like yourself, I'm new to this monster. ~ Lee

·
Super Moderator
15,120 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF oldsdroptop, if the tires or suspension are very low in air pressure it will be harder to get your wing on the centerstand. if i remember right the radio and cb have their fuses seperate form the other fuses , you'll have to tate the plastic pocket out the left side of the fairing to get to the fuses

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Congrats on your new (to you) Wing and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania, the Keystone state. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome

Welcome and good luck with your 1200, the more you ride it the more you'll like it, enjoy!

·
Administrator
28,869 Posts
oldsdroptop,

Welcome from another Pa. guy. It sounds as if you got a sweet ride. You'll get used to managing the weight as well as getting the bike on it's center stand. Make sure you post some pics in the gallery when you get a chance. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Welcome to the board oldsdroptop, hope you get all your technical stuff out of the way so you can enjoy your new ride soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.