Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Name's Blake. I like to ruin perfectly good bikes.

I have been playing with the idea of finding a 70's-early 80's model Gold Wing and stripping it down to bare essentials. A super naked wing.

I have an '82 Gl1100 Aspencade that has been quit interesting to work on...

For more about the bike check my build thread-
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums...505#post187505

i think i'm the youngest Gold Wing owner in history at 21. haha i think the moment i look forward to the most once i get the bike how i want it is stopping next to old guys on fully dressed goldwings and talking with them. and suprising all the young guys when i tell them it's a goldwing.

my last bike 1978 Suzuki GS 550 bobber.

i use to love getting stares on my old suzuki filling up, red light stares, parking lot stares, i like making something that is different and makes other people think outside the "oh i gotta have a super flashy chopper," or the "i need a harley" mentality.

which is part of the reason i wanted a goldwing. to break the stereotypes and to prove some things just look better naked.

I don't have a most recent picture but most of the "extra" is no longer on the bike. only thing left to get rid of is the upper fairing.

a few pics.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

the bike is pretty dirty but overall it looks pretty good considering it was kept outside under a torn and rotten tarp.

inspiration!

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Looks good. Welcome to the Forum from Texas.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the Wing.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. You are younger and braver than I am. Best of luck with you project.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
WelcoemBlake. Keep us up to date on that 'nekkid' project!

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Welcome Blake from Oklahoma

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Good luck with the rebuild. Enjoy the forum and the ride.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from South Jersey, Nice job on the bikes.!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.