Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I've never ridden an HD, so I wouldn't be of much help on the differences.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Higher seating position. Makes you feel you're top heavy and going to roll over in the turns. That was my first reaction and sensation a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello nolawing, welcome to GWOF. watch out for hp :D

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Congrats on the wing. I rented a HD in Vegas and had a great day on it. All I can say is next time no question it will be a wing. My wife agreed with me.
Enjoy & ride safe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
If you think you've already pressed the starter, look at the tach before pressing the starter again. Then, go easy in the beginning. You'll be surprised at how fast you're going with so little noise and vibration.

Once the Wing is moving, its amazingly stable for its size and weight. But it is most vulnerable when at a walking speed. If you stop with the front wheel even slightly turned, all that weight will keep going forward. Search for a thread in here on the IDMWT club.

But once you adapt to its habits, you're really gonna start racking up the miles. Enjoy.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Welcome along to the GWOF. I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Wing.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Welcome from VA. & congrats....you're gonna LOVE it!

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Watch out for the :D it's hard to get rid off.:D

And welcome to the GWOF

·
Registered
718 Posts
I rented an Electraglide in Daytona back in 06. It was a nice bike for the two days I had it, but momma would kill me if I traded my wing in on one. With some time in the saddle and some training, a large percentage of HD riders would be hard pressed to keep up with a wing when the road gets a little twisty. Look up Goldwings on the Tail of the Dragon on youtube for some idea of handling. You can also look up videos on low speed handling there also. I've watched GW riders dragging highway pegs while making 18' circles in Top Gun skills.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
just one complaint he made was he didn't want to wear leather boots up to his waist to compensate for the heat problem coming from the heads.
This makes me laugh because a buddy of mine that rides an 1800 wing told me before I went to Vegas he did the main strip & the heat coming of the heads were nuts. Of course when I was there on the rented Harley at night, my wife had us go back & forth 3 times looking for this mall she heard about. All I can say is I had to take turns putting my feet up on the crash bars to keep the jewels from frying :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Welcome from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the GWOF from Pa...

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome to the site, good folks and great discussions!:D

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. My only experience on a Harley was renting one in Texas a year ago. I didn't see a lot of difference as they are both big bikes. You will like the way the Wing handles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.