Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:new here...I'm about ready to sell or trade in 06 Yamaha Roadstar midnite Silverado. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm 56 and getting ready to retire n cruise. What can I expect...?

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
One hell of a good time, that's what you can expect!:D

Welcome to The Forum and look forward to photos of your Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello ckholiness, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone State & good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll love a Wing for the open road.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Hello CK and welcome to GW Heaven. As you pass through these pearly gates you can't help but notice the eternal smiles of the riders and their grand machines. The elegance of the GW shines in comparison to other steeds and puts it into a kingdom all by itself. The heft and weight of the GW seems for some a little intimidating at first only to be countered by such a low center of gravity and engineered balance. It flies at super sonic speeds for hours on end in the highest comfort of any motorcyle made in the world today. There is a vast array of accessories available for the GW that can break the bank. It's performance, reliability and low cost of ownership puts it into a class all it's own. Yep, when you buy a Wing you'll be in heaven too.

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts

That is what you get!! Happy times! Welcome from VA!

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome ck. Wings are luxurious, smooth and still sporty all at the same time (all of 'em). Pretty decent peeps around here too;)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I just traded in two bikes and bought an '08. It is the best handling bike I have ever ridden and I wish I had not waited so long to get one! The miles click off effortlessly.

·
Administrator
15,318 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. You can expect a darn good ride. I kept my Yamaha Stratoliner and I still like it. But if I'm going any distance I choose the Wing. It took a little getting used to but it handles as good and I can go all day, get up the next morning and do it again.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
ck-

Being serious for a rare moment, what DanB said nails it, and eloquently!:)

Of all the many things that make a Wing an exceptional ride the one that has amazed me most is the handling, the low center of gravity and near-perfect engineered balance. And I ride one that is 27 years old!:eek::D With the stock fork springs (not progressive, yet) and haven't yet even looked at let alone adjusted the steering stem bearings.

I ride a Royalstar when visiting my sister and brother-in-law near Seattle, and it's a great bike. And, it's simply not the level of engineering, manufacturing, and performance of a Goldwing IMHO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.