Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took a trip to the northwest, rented a Goldwing and rode the Oregon coast, as well as Crater Lake and the rest of Oregon ans some of Washington. I own a Valkyrie and live and ride in Michigan. We found it much more economical to rent b.ikes rather than ship ours out. Time constraints did not allow me to ride the Valk out there.
You know what's coming next. We absolutely loved the Wing. Thing is, i absolutely love the "look" of my Valk. Can you tell me if there are any Wings out there with a little less plastic? Perhaps a customizer that specializes in doing a naked 1800.

·
Super Moderator
7,616 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You may want to see if any Honda dealers have any of the Valkyrie Rune models in inventory. Closest thing to a naked Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
hello romeo, welcome to GWOF. do you live in romeo, mi

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naked Wing

TrikeLady, not at all interested in a Rune. IMHO probably the biggest waste of time Honda ever came up with. I was thinking more of a Wing including its frame, gas tank location, radiators and all, along with saddlebags and trunk, just not all in one, all glued together with plastic pieces and such. I know it's kinda hard to picture. I don't wanna give up the handling characteristics, just don"t like all the plastic.

·
Premium Member
7,506 Posts
You're basicly describing a vintage GL 1100. No plastic rotar covers, engine is exposed and saddlebags and trunk are easily removable. Seen some stripped back down to naked motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
an 1800 goldwing street fighter, now that would be different

·
Registered
710 Posts
The Valk is built on a Goldwing platform. I used valk valve covers to replace the damaged ones on my 1500. Don't see where handling should be much different although you rode an 1800. I didn't see much of a difference betweem my 1500 and the new 1800. But then again it was 104 in the shade when I rode the 1800.

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The closest thing to what you want, you already ride. The Valk is as close as you are going to get....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.