Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 47 years old and beginning a new journey, I have bought a salvage Gold Wing GL1500SE which I am rebuilding motorcycle prison ministry called H.L.F. (His Laboring Few Biker Ministry. The bikes name is Born Again she will be used to illiterate how the Lord works in our lives to bring us a fresh start, how he rebuilds us into new creations.
I have multiple sclerosis and bulked at God’s vision of me as a biker once more, both due to my physical limitations as well as financial. He then gave me a vision to build Born Again. The work has and is slow and tedious but in his perfect timing she will be his to use as he pleases in the biker prison and street ministry. At times I get impatient wanting to be done and on the road doing his work, but I know when it is time all will fall together and it must be his timing not mine. He miraculously seems to create finances where there are none to spare. I no longer ask how or where, he is teaching me patience.

I will probably need a lot of advise as I have never worked on bike before, but I have bought the manual for my bike and am trusting in God for sending me the right people to help in this ministry. Mind you I have not ridden a motorcycle in over 27 years when he called me to do this I had no real intentions of riding again due to my disability. But for those of you who are Christian fair warning do not pray the Jabez prayer unless you truly want to be blown away bye his vision for you I expected him to find me a nice quite church to maybe have me help in a teen Sunday school class. God Bless you all and thank you for allowing me to introduce myself.

My work background is: eight years with juvenile delinquents, three years with federal and state prisoners, three years with mentally handicapped with behavioral problems, and three years working with the elderly, plus a few years restaurant and store work as well as two years a security guard. kindly bikerangie

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Looks like you have a good project to work on. Hope it all works out for you and ride safe...

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , you live in a great area to ride

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Welcome from VA & enjoy your rebuild.

Mark

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Greetings from Pa.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hello and welcome to our and now your forum. This forum is much like a family or home away from home. I applaud you for being willing to take on riding again after so long being off a bike. MS is a very serious condition to have I hope that you get to realize your dream.
Many people here including myself will do what we can to guide your wrenches as you find yourself in need of a helping hand. I will say we love pictures here perhaps you could post a picture of yourself on your bike so we can put a face to the name.
I don't share your passion for religion so forgive me if I don't go down that path with you,
When I am on this forum I like to try and help anyone I can but for personal reasons my religion or belief I keep to my self. Nothing sparks more drama than religion or politics so I tend to avoid these subjects on this forum. But feel free to express your self anyway you see fit. Good luck and I look forward to helping you with your project.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
hello bikerangie, welcome to GWOF. keep us informed so we can help

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome bikerangie. Lots of knowledgeable people here so ask away with any questions about your project.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
God's work is a wonderful thing and you will be blessed.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Welcome from N Texas and wish you well with your rebuild project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.