Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow!!! Today in North Alabama it was 62*...Perfect weather for a New Years Eve Ride. This was a Lone Ride (Me and all my friends) up to the far Northeast Corner of Alabama to Russell Cave. Great Ride....:):)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Whoa there Big Fella; don't you have to have a mountain to have a Cave:D:D
Pretty neat actually !!

Reminds me of the Sinks State Park outside of Lander, Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa there Big Fella; don't you have to have a mountain to have a Cave:D:D
Pretty neat actually !!

Reminds me of the Sinks State Park outside of Lander, Wyoming.
I almost took a picture of those "MOUNTAINS" just for you.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
I almost took a picture of those "MOUNTAINS" just for you.:rolleyes:
Aaaah shucks just for me.:rolleyes:

Hey Betty just made me an Egg Nog Latte, you hurry she might make one for you, bring the boss lady too.;)

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaaah shucks just for me.:rolleyes:

Hey Betty just made me an Egg Nog Latte, you hurry she might make one for you, bring the boss lady too.;)
Egg Nog:eek:....I will stick with the coffee:D

·
Super Moderator
9,880 Posts
So, how many bats do you think live in that place??

·
Premium Member
23,752 Posts
Spelunkers ! Remind me to tell you the story of a group caving ( and lost in the bowels of the earth ) episode while on a retreat with my son-in-law. Nothing like a bit of " Grace under pressure " .

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok; Coffee it is, see you in what an hour, hour and a half.;)
Sorry....Now she is making drive her to some party. New Years Eve?? or something like that. When I was a youngster, I couldn't wait till the balls dropped...now I think I'm too old to wait for the Ball to drop. How Sad:rolleyes:
Spelunkers ! Remind me to tell you the story of a group caving ( and lost in the bowels of the earth ) episode while on a retreat with my son-in-law. Nothing like a bit of " Grace under pressure " .
I will try to remember.....but "Bowels of the Earth" doesn't sound very promising.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
nice pic's ref, hope the weater holds and you get to keep this warm weather abit longet

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
I am envious Ref. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,175 Posts
Nice ride report. We who cannot read very well, do enjoy the pictures.

It is going to be clear and cold here today. High will be in the mid 40's. I am riding over to my brother's place...... which is a 35 minute ferry boat ride and 30 miles each way.

Gerbings will keep my nice and warm.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
Nice pictures thanks. I had to look that one up on my map. I worked in that area way back when and we found a lot of small caves while inspecting timberland. That one looks a lot bigger than the ones we fooled around in.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Thanks from me too. Caves are pretty cool places.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice pictures thanks. I had to look that one up on my map. I worked in that area way back when and we found a lot of small caves while inspecting timberland. That one looks a lot bigger than the ones we fooled around in.
Russell Cave is one of the larger ones. I'm not a licensed Spelunker...So I don't mess with the small ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts