Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Just picked up my "new" 05 yesterday. First GW. Coming over from the cruiser - actually a wonderful wife didn't mind me keeping my VTX-1800R too, so I can visit the blap-blap-blap when I need to get back in touch with my wild side. I've been a biker for a most 40 years. Riding bikes are the closest thing to flying - which I also have an old airplane, so I'm qualified to make the comparison :)

Looking forward to meeting fellow Wingers in North Alabama and on this forum. Ride safe everyone.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Wing, post pictures when you can.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome. And trust me, there is plenty in the Wing's heart to satisfy that 'wild' side.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Congrats on your new 2u wing and welcome to the GWOF. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Welcome fron Down Under. Enjoy that wing. Eric

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
Hello and greetings from Ormond Beach, FL.
Ride safe and enjoy your new 2 U Wing, post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Congrats on your new Wing I also kept my 1300 VTX when I bought my Wing. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Welcome Neighbor !

Greetings all. Just picked up my "new" 05 yesterday. First GW. Coming over from the cruiser - actually a wonderful wife didn't mind me keeping my VTX-1800R too, so I can visit the blap-blap-blap when I need to get back in touch with my wild side. I've been a biker for a most 40 years. Riding bikes are the closest thing to flying - which I also have an old airplane, so I'm qualified to make the comparison :)

Looking forward to meeting fellow Wingers in North Alabama and on this forum. Ride safe everyone.

Dave
David , we are neighbors since i live in Athens ! Welcome to the forum , these guys are all very nice and sometimes rowdy , but always ready to help if it is needed ! We have a few guys in the group from N. Alabama so settle in and enjoy yourself ! Benny

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome from not-so-sunny Southern California! I recently got an '08........they ride like a sport bike after about 5mph........my guess is, since you're already used to an 1800, that you'll love the maneuverability of the wing. And for comfort, it cannot be beat. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Hello Dave, I am just south in Albertville....Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new Wing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for the hearty welcome. Anyone know of any "groups" here in the N AL / S TN area that get together for rides and such? Dave

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
You have a great group right there in Huntsville. Thanks to "Ron", I ride with a bunch from Gadsden. We are heading to Deals Gap this Thursday for a 1 Day run. I am sending you a PM with those contacts in your area....I met the HSV folks and they are top notch. Keep in mind, I like to ride...don't like the patches and vest and they are cool with that.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, wish I could join you guys to the Dragon. Unfortunately work stuff this Friday won't allow. Maybe next time. Not sure if my email is visible on the forum, but feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'd love to do some of the rides and get togethers in the future. Dave

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Man, wish I could join you guys to the Dragon. Unfortunately work stuff this Friday won't allow. Maybe next time. Not sure if my email is visible on the forum, but feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'd love to do some of the rides and get togethers in the future. Dave
Would love to have you:)....I will def keep you in mind in the future. Ride Safe

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Try to hook up with ENIREF , pretty sure he can lead to even more winging fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts