Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 1996 Goldwing SE yesterday, upgrading from a Honda Shadow, the bike is like new 4397 original miles on it, cant wait to ride it sometimes during the week. Need to register it. Later!

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum....Sounds like you have a nice upgrade!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello marvalus1, welcome to GWOF and congrats

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not even broke in!! How do they find um like that! Welcome from the heartland, pic would be nice. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the info Larry, the previous owner had tires put on only 110 miles on new rubber, and he also had his local honda dealer where he originally purchased the bike go thru it , I am still a little leary of hoses and gaskets dry out but time will tell, Pictures will be coming when we get by the remnants of Huricane Irene it is pouring out there right now but I am managing to get a little polishing done Today, Have a nice day!

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Thank you for the info Larry, the previous owner had tires put on only 110 miles on new rubber, and he also had his local honda dealer where he originally purchased the bike go thru it , I am still a little leary of hoses and gaskets dry out but time will tell, Pictures will be coming when we get by the remnants of Huricane Irene it is pouring out there right now but I am managing to get a little polishing done Today, Have a nice day!
That sounds like a wonderful situation.

There is a date code on the side of the tire. Just be sure that the tires are not over 8 years old..... as they deteriorate regardless of mileage.

Have fun and enjoy that new bike. I think the first thing you will notice on the ride is the power the motor has when you slow down in top gear...and then give it gas. No down shifting required..... it just comes right back up.

The second: No vibration and silent. Like an electric motorcycle.

On this road sofa, it is important not to fall asleep with the remote control in your hand!

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , and congrats on the new wing

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania to the GWOF. That new ride of yours is probably due for it's first oil change.....lol Ride safe and enjoy your great find...

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Sounds like a fantastic find. Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF site.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new (almost literally) ride! Enjoy & ride safe!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Pa. enjoy the forum and your new Wing.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
A big welcome from Down Under. What a bike, what a find. Thanks for the photos. Now all you have to do is go for a tour and take me along through your ride report. Eric

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
That's a beaut alright, congrats!:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not even broke in!! How do they find um like that! Welcome from the heartland, pic would be nice. Ride Safe!
I sold an 89 two days ago with only 5500 miles. As for the mileage being so low I'll give the short story.

Dad totaled an 88 in the mid nineties and found the 89 with only 2200 miles. He rode (and mom) for 2000 miles. She got sick and pasted away a few years later. After she got sick he didn't ride again.

He gave it to me a couple years ago, I went over it and put 300 miles on it. Was going to ride it this summer, but, I may get flamed for this, I find the 1500 the most uncomfortable m/c ever made. Bought the 1800 three weeks ago, put the 1500 up for sale and the first looker bought it. Sold the 1500 for close to what I paid for the 1800, so I was happy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts