Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Gold Wing, wasn't looking but it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I am now the proud owner of an 84 Aspencade with only 28,700 miles on it. It needs some polish and elbow grease but in excellent shape. The previous owner used Mobil 1 full synthetic oil in it, I have never used synthetic oil in any of my motorcycles, is this a good choice?

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Welcome Craig. Congrats on the new to you Wing. Get her shined up & ride,ride,ride. Be safe.

There are a few topics that bring a vast array of opinions on the site. Starting with rain gear, windshields, headsets, tires & oils.

I don't use synthetic in my Wing however I do use Mobil1 in everything else I drive. Just never made the switch to it for my bikes. My reasoning was I would want to at least change my oil once a year & since there are limited months of riding I might be throwing away good oil. That's just one ole fossil's opinion.

Again welcome, good people here.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome Craig to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Wing. I have always run Honda Synthetic blend in all my Wings . I change oil and filter (along with that all important "crush washer", every 5k. It's easy for me to keep track that way. I buy the oil by the case online so it's not too bad.

Get that new Wing shined up and go riding. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Lots of nice folks and good information on here...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Craig and congrats on your wing, many happy miles and smiles ahead.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I hope you will enjoy your Wing ,Hello from Georgia

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF craig. congratys on getting the wing. where in michigan are you

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Welcome Craig. Congrats on the new to you Wing. Get her shined up & ride,ride,ride. Be safe.

There are a few topics that bring a vast array of opinions on the site. Starting with rain gear, windshields, headsets, tires & oils.....

Welcome Craig, from over here in Virginia. I extracted the above quote from our esteemed member fossil92 because it epitomizes a lot of the seemingly contradictory info you may encounter from time to time, here and elsewhere , when it comes to certain topics. Don't feel frustrated, it's all a part of the forum process. In some cases Facts are little more than Opinions agreed upon. The best choice is the one you made until time proves you wrong.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Canada Craig. Looks like a good find in that 1200 Aspy!

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Welcome and greetings from Florida, nothing like a good Wing and good stretch of road; Enjoy both. We're here to help you get the most from your new to you Wing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts