Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my '07 Street Glide and buying a new Wing. I made the mistake of taking a 450 mi trip with a friend and riding his new Wing. When I got back on my bike it was a rude awakening. I have ridden Wings before but not very far. Well, that cinched the deal, so now my bike is on eBay and I'm looking at '08 or '09's. I'm inclined to start with the base model but heated seat & grips sound kinda good with old man winter approaching. ABS would be nice too but at what price. Also if anyone could recommend "essential" accessories I would much appreciate.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an 08 with ABS and the heated seats and grips. Also have GPS built in. I would recommend the ABS. I like to ride in the mountains here and it's nice to know that if I encounter and sand or loose gravel on a twisty part I won't go sliding off the road because my brakes locked up. We have a couple months here where I am certain the heaters will come in handy. I wouldn't get the airbag option for me but that's a personal choice. I tried a Harley and felt like I was beat up after a short trip. On the wing I arrive refreshed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold my Harley

Well, I sold my Street Glide yest. and can't wait to " arrive refreshed". I've pretty much decided on the base model. I comes with heated seats and grips. A lot of the Wingers (is that the correct terminology?) that I've talked to feel that the linked brakes make up for a lot. Anyway, at this point the price is right for the entry unit.

Do the front and rear seats heat up?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good luck getting your new Wing and you will definately smile with every mile!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i was no mistake you were curious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts