Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all you riders out there,my name is mario and have been riding harleys all my life until last sat and i could not and canot get the smile of my face from my 12 wing with a bit of a bling , im in perth western australia and was wondering if honda make a travel device to ride on water, if so ill be traveling to the states for a ride .
Mind you im 55 and need a change from the burnt legs and sore ase,and locousts the size of texas inbeded on my face.
I cant belive this machine is so smooth and comfort,with great handling,i tried the bmw and no match at all, even with the eletronics, i can fully understand why you gus and girls ride wings.
Its all about the ride and not the hyde. Cheers

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Wing. Another convert from HD. Soon everyone will ride a Wing.:D

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, we have a few Aussie on here. A fine Lad named Eric hangs around here from time to time.
Now that you have a Wing you can join the :D crowd.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello mario, welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of your new wing. there are several from down under on the board but i think eric is most active and he was here in the states back in august

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Congrats & welcome Mario!

Mark

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. The smile will last a long time. Ride safe and enjoy the forum...

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome Mario, you have several other of your countrymen on here.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Wing.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From Western Oklahoma.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you very much for your very kind words and responses, it realy means a lot to to me as i did 480kls today with all my mates who still rides hds, and its going to take a wile to get used to the ribbing,mind you they had to stop,so many times for fuel,stretch and scratch.
Can any pro winger help me as i cant get used not having hwy pegs,ive got the iso floor boards and are great, but need to stretch my legs forward or should i wait and get used to it.
love to ride with more wings in perth but not many around,chat with you later.see ya

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Can any pro winger help me as i cant get used not having hwy pegs,ive got the iso floor boards and are great, but need to stretch my legs forward or should i wait and get used to it.
Highway pegs and backrest will get you from Perth to Sydney with only gas stops. A few option available. What is your leg inseam length ? In other words, with your boots on, what's the measured distance from the floor to your jewel box ?

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Mario, welcome to the GWOF. Invest in Highway pegs as quickly as you can. In an Ole Fossil's opinion they are a requirement.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great to see new wingers on the web site, and fully understand the joy it brings you.
I have installed the ergo 2 hwy pegs and dark smoke turn signal lens on my black wing from wingstuff and delivererd to perth west australia,and the guys are the best to deal with for any ad ons.
The hwy pegs are the best things since sliced bread,
was riding down south and stoped for fuel when to young pups arived on their boom,boom hds when one said to me that they admired my sofa,i just smiled and waited for them to take off then let it rip to the next town site and waited for them to catch up.
as they rode past they looked away,i dont normaly do this but somtimes it just pisses me of ,iwas a young pup once with hd in my blood but admirerd all bike riders.
oh well ride on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.