Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just got my first big bike, a 1993 GW Aspencade with 109,000 miles on it.
I have been riding off-road and motocross forever, but my 7y/o Autistic son has put a huge damper on that hobby. I do admit that I was looking at ways to put him on my CRF450r and hit the trails with him, but that seemed to be an extremely sketchy evolution. My boy and I are riding my daughter’s TTR90 around the neighborhood and he absolutely LOVES IT!
He is a bit impulsive and he cannot ride alone at all.
My wife found my wing and actually had to convince me to buy it, (That’s what I tell her), with plans to ride around with him in more areas. Since he is a climber and has zero fear, I put some car seat belts on the rear seat and he uses his bicycle helmet for our rides.
Don‘t yell at me, we do not get over 25 or 30 mph and stay on our neighborhood streets. The rides last about 30 min and he stays put quite well. It is a much better option than trying to keep track of him as we are riding.

9F08A8DB-8E8C-4D48-A4C7-5A7C7C60138A.jpeg
The first time he hit the rev limiter! (Not the last, either).

78860787-2858-458C-8783-462EC73A93DC.jpeg
Ready for the road!
I love the bike, hearing him giggle and seeing all the neighborhood kids, dads and moms make such a fuss over how cool he is!
Thanks for being here.
Be safe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome aboard I applaud you as a great father and we on the forum will try to help you with any questions and concerns that my arise. I hope that you and your son continue to enjoy your rides.😁

·
Super Moderator
11,476 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

May I recommend changing the timing belts.

·
Super Moderator
14,215 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I've put my Grandson on my bike a few times. They do love it.

·
Super Moderator
9,668 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. My 9 year old son loves to ride with me. We went to NC last year for Memorial Day and he had a blast. I never pushed him to ride. One day he just asked to go and now he is like a Master Card. I can't leave home without him. Your seat belt set up looks good. Hope you have many miles and smiles with your son. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard I applaud you as a great father and we on the forum will try to help you with any questions and concerns that my arise. I hope that you and your son continue to enjoy your rides.😁
Hello and welcome to the forum.

May I recommend changing the timing belts.
Thanks, that is one thing “on the list”. The previous owner said they were done at 108K but I’d rather be safe. My boy does make all the 2-3 hour jobs turn into 2-3 days. Lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Doing anything with your child are memories that both of you will have for a lifetime. Wishing both of you all the luck and happy memories you deserve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts