Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers... I am 57 years old, been riding almost 40 of those years. Started out on sportbikes, moved to a BMW R1150GS with luggage and realized that sportbikes are stupid and unnecessary for road use. Why not have luggage and an upright riding position?

Moved on to a combination of Enduros, Sport Tourers, supermotos, and adventure bikes. I raced supermoto on the east coast with ESMRA (now defunct) and was lucky enough to race the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb twice while it was a mix of dirt and pavement - AMAZING experience and a wonderful group of enthusiasts, pro and amateur. I was not in any danger of winning, but was not last up the hill. Maybe I’ll get back there one day.

I was one of the guys that swore I’d take a car before I would own a Goldwing. Couldn’t be more surprised that they are very enjoyable bikes to ride and amazed how well Honda thought about the design and build.

Just picked up a 36K mi 2004 model for commuting. The Express Lanes (for fee) in our area are very expensive. I was dropping $800/mo, so the bike will literally pay for itself. How can you not buy a bike when wife says “buy another bike” and it turns out to be free?

Regards,
Barry

·
Super Moderator
14,555 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. I too was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the Wing. I bought it for my wife to ride more with me and enjoy it for me. The gas mileage is double what my truck gets and that's my excuse for riding it daily. Enjoy the ride.
2020 07 26 Blue Front Cafe 01 (2).jpg

Reactions: NREMTP and dsurley

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome also from Mississippi. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Goldwings. When you decide to personalize your bike, I suggest looking at Wingstuff, one of our site sponsors, as part of your shopping experience. They will show you most of what is available for your year/model Wing. Then you can do more accurate internet searches to see what all is available for what you want. I usually buy from them and have not been disappointed. Disclaimer, I have no financial interest or any other attachments to the company, just a happy customer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a great deal I plan to do. Seller converted all lights to LED. I’ll get the Traxxion bits put on the front, maybe the rear, and just ride it. Probably order a Madstad screen this week.

Pic from seller...

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Isn't it great to have a great bike and save $$$..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome from central Michigan (normally), but actually in NC at the moment and soon to be in Sebring, FL for the winter...

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Vendor
688 Posts
Welcome from Southern California. I don't know if there's anything better in life than a free Goldwing! Congrats and ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts