Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Wingers, Purchased a 2006 wing a couple of month's ago. Also own a 2003 Honda Cbr 1100xx and a 2004 HD Roadking. Since buying the bike I've added Kuryaken highway pegs,luggage rack,and Iso grips and weights. I have a set of showcrome peg lowering brackets coming. I am very happy with my wing and I'm looking forward to wearing it out! I'm considering driving lights for the lower cowl not sure if they and worth buying since the wing has excellent lighting. What brand and type of lights are the most effective? Also at the lowest postion the windshield is taller than I like. Has anyone ever had their windshield cut? I would think that a plexiglass company could cut it? Regards,Ron:)

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Welcome aboard Ron,

I myself put H-4 Headlights in instead of driving lights. I know you can get inexpensive ones that some guys say don't really work well & you can get expensive ones that reportedly will knock your socks off. Try the following links:

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/238_goldwing_Lighting_Accessories/des/

http://www.piaalights.com/

As far as the windshield goes. Do a search on the forum for cutting windshield there has been several threads about it. I chose to purchase a Slipstreamer Xtall for mine & look through it. It also knocked down on the wind that my wife was getting & increased fuel mileage a bit.

·
Registered
683 Posts
... Howdy ... Looks Like You Have A Full Stable Of Iron Horses ... For Me The Stock Lighting Is Fine ... Yes You Can Cut The Windshields And Most Are Made From Lexan Kind OF Tricky To Do It Right ... Best Bet See If You Can Find A Shop To Cut It ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
Welcome to the board from Pa and congrats on your new Wing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome and the information. I just ordered headlight bulbs to replace the stock units. I read on one of the threads to use phillips crystal vison bulbs so I did some checking at a website that has helped me in the past Daniel Stern lighting. He recomended a ostram rally bulb which he said would be alot more efective that the phillips. Haven't decided on the cowl lights yet. All the best, Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF ron, try a driver backrest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah a backrest is on the list, there's a certain brand that everyone seems to like can't remember the name think it starts with O.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Ron,i Removed My Window From The Bike And Made A Template Out Of Cardboard For The Mounting Holes,then Installed Duct Tape On Both Sides Where I Cut 4" Off With A Sidewinder (4.5" Grinder) And Then Redrilled The Mounting Holes With The Template. I Prefer To Look Over The Top Of The Window.im 100 Miles South Of You,see Ya On The Road.lazz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts