Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just sold my PAN ST 1100 and bought a GL 1500 SE and i must admit, at present i find the wing a strange ride. plus I can't get the starting issue right
, it doe's not seem to fire up first time ! any guidence ?

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
W.W.

Sounds like bike might just need good tuneup, plugs, filters, etc.
I know my 1500 starts immediately with a little choke (1/4) then back off as able.

As far as strange feeling it is a big bike & as a friend who recently upgraded to Wing said " It's sort of like sitting in a chair ". I would recommend some style of highway peg/board to help with that if that is the issue. Hope this helps.

By the way Welcome to the site. Good people & discussion here.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ditto on what Fossil said. BTW welcome and hope you get your startup issue fixed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. thanks for the advice and encouragement. It may have been lack of battery power as i charged it over night and it was fine this morning. Took it for my first real spin this morning and i must say i thourghly enjoyed it. Arms were aching a bit at first from the different riding position. but after an hour my arms were ok and i could feel a big grin of satisfaction developing.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Just curious Welsh...what is the actual difference between the Pan Euro ST's and the regular ST's? They look identical to me, and every dealer I spoke to couldn't tell me what the difference was between the Pan and mine. I know we are kinda still in the stone-age up here in Canada, but we do have tv, phones and web access now (yuk-yuk)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Budoka

In the UK the Honda Pan European ST 1100 is a V4 engine where say the Honda CBF1100 ST is an inline 4 etc. Hope this helps. Good to talk to you guys.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. The more you ride your Wing, the more you are going to like it. Enjoy and Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF welsh wing. i was just going to mention the battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts