Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello after research of buying a new roadglide somehow my wife bought me a wing. I have rockets and a dual sport ktm. I'm 33 my question to all will I love it she wanted something comfortable for 2 up riding I am impressed live in east tenn so would like to meet some wingers I have alot of question totally different beast then I am use to

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will find the Wing to be whole different bird.

Ask away.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Hello and welcome from Maryland

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pa.

I believe that once you ride your Wing with the Little Lady a bit you will be thanking her. You're correct they are a different animal but you will find they are also very responsive.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
hello jackfrost, welcome to GWOF. i know that your wife got the wing for you and you were looking at a harley but after all she went through could you sell it and get a harley and break her heart

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. If you want her to be really comfortable, stick with the wing, you will both love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I do like it so far handles amazing it was a 02 model single owner 40 k miles we or she gave 9 k has everthing but the intercoms what do u recommend

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Well I do like it so far handles amazing it was a 02 model single owner 40 k miles we or she gave 9 k has everthing but the intercoms what do u recommend
check out wingstuff's website for communications

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Welcome Jack. Speaking of RoadGlides, I'm going to rent one this April out in Arizona. I've done the UltraGlide, and while it was OK, it made me miss my Wing. I figure the RoadGlide is as close to a Wing with the fixed front fairing , but without the smooth ride. For intercoms you have two choices : Wired or Wireless. Pick one and we'll go from there.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome Jackfrost. Ditto on what the members that chimed in already say. The Wing has a sporty sould under all that tupperware just waiting to be unleashed. My other ride is an RC51, but I luv my Wing til death do us part, and I can play canyon carver with the missus on the back without attracting the attention of the Leo's like my race replica does.:eek:;):D

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum from PA. Sounds like you got a good deal. Kelly Blue Book says over 10K in excellent condition. I'll be riding to Gaitlinburg in Sept. for a vacation

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
What a great wife... Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the GWOF from Pa..

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I hear that I am being ragged by my blue collar buddies but I will out run them still lol
Let them rag all they want. When theirs are in the shop, you'll be riding. :)

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Heart of Dixie

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF!

The more you ride your Wing, the harder you'll laugh at anybody's snide comments. Just wave as you pull away or wait for them at the end of a twisty road; and don't rub it in when they need a lift to town!:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.