Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found "the one" (or at least I hope so). 1989 GL1500 with 60k on the clock. TONS of extra stuff, some of which I'll be removing as it's a bit over the top for my tastes but runs like a dream. Rode it home about 150 miles yesterday and oh so smooth.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Congrats on your new 2u Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Update your location with your home so we know where you hang your hat....

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome for Maryland ,
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome from Pa. Congrats on the Wing.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from the Keystone state.

I assume you will be removing some of the Gawdy stuff? ;) You must have similar taste to me?

Once you get stuff off, if it is in good shape post it in the "For Sale" subforum.

Congrats on the new wheels

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
It may not be red, but it's still pretty. Glad you found the one you wanted. Now go ride!

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from another Minnesotan! Beautiful Wing you've got there! Ride long and prosper!

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Congrats Nayther, very sweet machine!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I assume you will be removing some of the Gawdy stuff? ;) You must have similar taste to me?

Once you get stuff off, if it is in good shape post it in the "For Sale" subforum.
Already took off the exhaust tips that split into 6 turndowns, hate the drone from turned down exhaust. Next will be the "ring of fire" disk covers and maybe a light or six! Fortunately the PO put most of the lights on separate switches in a chrome panel on the fairing so I don't have to run them and most are pretty well tucked in and tasteful. This thing can definitely be seen though, which is a good thing. Already got some nasty stares when they go by the modulating head light!

Added my personal crap to my info.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Already took off the exhaust tips that split into 6 turndowns, hate the drone from turned down exhaust. Next will be the "ring of fire" disk covers and maybe a light or six! Fortunately the PO put most of the lights on separate switches in a chrome panel on the fairing so I don't have to run them and most are pretty well tucked in and tasteful. This thing can definitely be seen though, which is a good thing. Already got some nasty stares when they go by the modulating head light!

Added my personal crap to my info.

Yeah our tastes must be similar.;)

Good for you on the profile update & again Welcome.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah our tastes must be similar.;)

Good for you on the profile update & again Welcome.
Well took off the "ring of fire" and 3 marker lights on each fork leg last night as well as the lights under the mirrors and passenger footrests and the dash cover. Got done just before dark so fired up all the lights and it looks pretty good now, enough light to be effective and seen but not so much to be gaudy. Next item is the lighted mudflap and then I think I'm done for now. Rode it to work yesterday and to AAA for VIN verification and my new CA plate so I'm all legal. Feeling much more comfortable on this big dude. Looking forward to some mileage now. One or two more rides and I'll put the DW on the back.

Will have some stuff up on the For Sale board pretty soon.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Good for you Nayther. I was going to say that when you get the stuff off to put it up in the for sale section.

The Wing is a big guy but he can easily be tamed. The mor you ride the more you will enjoy him. Good Luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts