Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined and I know these are newb ?s but...
Purchased a '76 that needs cosmetic work, but the price was right and I will continue to work on it.
Found an opportunity for a low mileage (<60K) 1 owner '75 with fairing, bags, trunk and apparently in excellent condition. Price is 2500. Bike is for parades, etc and would be tagged as an antique. Comments, suggestions, is 2500 too much? Seems more than fair for me if the bike is as represented.
Thanks for helping a newb. I sold my Electra Glide in Oct. last year and will definitely get a newer/new GW, but this would be my "keeper". Plus there's a local rally in about 5 weeks I want to go on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If the bike is in nice condition it sounds like a fair price. I would hope he has a maintanace log since he is the only owner.The bike must have set a while during its stay with the original owner to have so little miles.I would want to check the bike on a 50 mile run or so.Make sure it is charging correctly;no wiring issues;motor run smooth.check all fluids and look for leaks.If the bike has been sitting up the tires could be dry rotted.If everything checks out good the bike likley priced fair.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF jeffhd2. have you checked craigslist in your area to see what other wings are going for or what you could get for your money

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Ditto on what detdrbuzzard said jeffhd2. Do your homework and if the bike hits the tuning fork for ya, go for it! I'd love to have an older GL1000 to do a project with, but it's not in the mix right now.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Ditto on what detdrbuzzard said jeffhd2. Do your homework and if the bike hits the tuning fork for ya, go for it! I'd love to have an older GL1000 to do a project with, but it's not in the mix right now.
i know how you feel, i made the mistake of riding my niece's '79 wing. it doesn't have the power of my 900 powered 750 but it's smoooooth as silk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts