Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my jeans/pants, is there a fix for this? I appreciate any help for what is probably a stupid question, the bike is a ROCKET!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Use a small bungee around your pant leg or quit wearing bell bottoms. =)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there you go a real henny youngman amongst us,,,, ok no more bell bottoms but i am keeping my pipe and i will not share with you if we meet on the byways of life. :) i wonder if anyone else honestly has the problem, i have a 30 inch inseam and maybe thats the problem or maybe its the pipe, who knows?????????????????

·
Registered
103 Posts
I must be misunderstanding your problem. Are your pants getting stuck between the sidestand and the left pipe, or under the sidestand on the way down? Can you explain with a little more detail?

I know what it's like to be vertically challenged; I have a 27-in inseam. You'd probably laugh at me at lights and stop signs; I have to hold up my Wing with my toes.

No problem on the pipe--I gave up smoking anything about 13 years ago. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually have more of a problem with getting my feet around the pegs than the kickstand getting in the way. Too much time riding with floorboards and forward controls on other motorcycles I guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have more of a problem with getting my feet around the pegs than the kickstand getting in the way. Too much time riding with floorboards and forward controls on other motorcycles I guess.
I think this is my problem too, floorboards would be nice but i think it will add a little toe to ground clearance, but in general my jeans are catchin the kickstand on the foot of the stand between it and the pipes, technique issue most probably. 100 miles on the STARSHIP so maybe it will just come around after a shake down period.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Kick It

I think this is my problem too, floorboards would be nice but i think it will add a little toe to ground clearance, but in general my jeans are catchin the kickstand on the foot of the stand between it and the pipes, technique issue most probably. 100 miles on the STARSHIP so maybe it will just come around after a shake down period.
I believe you're right. Your technique will get better.

Try using your heel to give it a push and don't follow it with your foot to the pipe. Just give it enough to get it moving and let the spring do the rest. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts