Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally go some pics of my '85 Interstate. I did the stator check and just as I suspected, it has one open winding. I've ordered the Poorboy Alternator Conversion kit and plan to have this completed by next weekend along with the timing belts.

I picked this bike up for $1000.00, so if that's the biggest repair item then I'll consider it a pretty good deal.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
DJ, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll tell you though that is one BIG Blue Wing!:rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
D J ! Moving up in bike size I see. I'm a new Wing rider and an ex- VTX1300C rider. Someone gave that bike to you for that price. I'm an 1800 rider but I like this forum because it is inclusive of all Goldwings. Age is irrelevant here, be it the bike or the member. Sweet portfolio site you have. You carry your own personal introduction with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I do. Congrats on the Wing as well.

Are you going to the Blue Ridge Bikefest next weekend?

A few of the Virginia XRiders are riding up on Friday.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Yes, I do. Congrats on the Wing as well.

Are you going to the Blue Ridge Bikefest next weekend?

A few of the Virginia XRiders are riding up on Friday.
I've been out of the bike circle for a good number of years so when you mentioned the " Blue Ridge Bikefest " I have to admit I'm not familiar with it.:( I'll Google it to see what it's all about!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
DJ, nice looking ride. You are going to have a lot of fun with it I'm sure. Enjoy the bike, the forum and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
DJ, I just looked at your site as well. Nice pics & videos you've got. Good job. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DJ, I just looked at your site as well. Nice pics & videos you've got. Good job. Ride Safe.
Thanks fossil92. I'm planning a trip from Va to Barstow, California later this summer. I'll be trying to follow the old Route 66 (which of course is now mostly I-40) through Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuqurque (sp), Flagstaff, etc. I should have some nice video and pics of that roadtrip as well.

Next year, my plan to include Yellowstone, Mt. Glacier and the Pacific Coast Hwy. It's not so much about the destination, but the journey.

Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Actually my wife & I are leaving in June for similar ride. Here is map of our trip. Great fun we all have on bikes isn't it?

Oh well, I posted the wrong version it has changed a bit. It will give you the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is indeed. I would be interested in hearing about your trip and suggestions on places to see/roads to travel upon your return.

Are planning to create a trip blog to post your travels/pics while on the trip?

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Not a blog per se. I will be checking in on you guys here along the way. We're taking a netbook with us & I plan on posting a few pics periodically. I'm a bit computer geekly challenged however so I'm really not sure how it will work out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts