Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 83 Interstate with 45,000 miles for $300.00. Runs great but has been sitting for a while. Cleaned out the front master cylinder and it was nasty. Still gotta rebuild front and rear brakes before I take her out on her first ride. Last owner painted it a horendous color though.

Anything I need to know about these as it is my first Wing?

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Lot of folks on here with older Wings that will be glad to help you. Ride safe and enjoy the site...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Two Wheel. Fortunately I am fairly mechanically inclined. Plus I have a great mechanic.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello wvwing, welcome to GWOF. change the timing belts, clean the carbs, change all fluids, check the plug comming from the stator and the on at the regulator, and new tires before you hit the road or you just might

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the board, You came to the right place for wing information. Just ask, someone will chime in, guaranteed . :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Buzzard. Fortunately most of that was done. Including the belts. And it has new tires.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to GWOF wvwing. Got any plans for a new paint job?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Yea, I definitely have plans for a paint job! This thing is the ugliest green I have ever seen!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used to live in Centreville, right off of 28. This guy was not military, just had bad taste. They were still wearing the pickle suits when I went to the AF in 91. Not too many were wearing them, just a few hold outs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just in your state last week trike lady! Went to Universal Studios. Yea, It looks like it was maybe brown or the wine color underneath. Thanks for the link. It's great.

Going black. Did a test of the paint on one of the lowers. It turned out a little wavy so I gotta wet sand it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
welcome wvwing, from vt. that is a nasty looking green::rolleyes: a paint job is for sure:D enjoy your new ride. lots of good people here. ride safe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts