Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a 2006 Stratoliner S 1900 right now which I bought new and it is quite the bike but I've decided to go with a Wing. The Stratoliner is a smooth running bike and plenty of power but I've had quite a few back surgeries - six actually with the rods in the neck and all that stuff - and I have decided that it's time to get even more comfortable. I sat on a 2008 left-over with Navi and fell in love with it. That's all I have on my mind right now but finances won't allow me to make the change until the spring or maybe during the winter once I sell a second home.

I ride with a few Harley guys and it cracks me up to hear them say that I should go with an Ultra or a Roadglide. For them it's the name Harley and they're never going to admit that the Goldwing has it all over those bikes in features and comfort. I know I don't have to convince anyone on this forum of that fact. I'd love to hear from a few people that came over from Harley just to reiforce my argument with these guys.

Anyone want to buy a home in New Hampshire so I can get that new Wing sooner?

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF glazguy

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the board. I didn't come over from a Harley, but I'm sure there are members of this board who have. Hope things work out and you can sell your house and get your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I know a couple of guy that have both, they ride the Harley on week-ends for a day ride but when they travel they always take the Gold Wing. If they go to a Harley rally, they take the Harley but it's on a trailer. If you trailer a Gold Wing to a rally, well lets just say you don't want to do that!! They have a big Harley run in Laughlin, NV every year and look all around in the hotel parking lots and you will see a LOT of trailers. Thats why when you see a Harley for sale it has very low miles on it and most Gold Wing have over 100,000 miles and still running great.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Tried & true "metric" guy here. The only time I owned anything other than Hondas was when I used to ride Dirt & that was an Ossa SDR. When I was young and .. well you all know the rest of that saying.

However, I will say that my brother rides with several guys who actually made the switch the other way in the last year. They say that the new Ultra Classic is very nice. Just some insight believe me I'm not about to do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts