Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up new wing next week after I compLete my BRC. Haven't rided in 25 + years so this is my last hooraw! Anyway, would like some advice on best road side assistance organization to join. Thanks in advance! Happy and Safe New Year to all!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Congrats and welcome to GWOF.
There is more than one org. I already had AAA. When I went to add my new travel trailer to the policy, I found it would also cover a motorcycle. It added $32 / year to cost.

See what others here have before you decide. It may be you already have policy with them or you can compare. I have wondered if it varies state to state.

Good luck and hope you never need roadside assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I am in NC. Maybe your insurance is different or maybe it varies by state and by state laws. The local news watch dog investigated this and it is the equivalent of a scam here. my vehicle insurance company automatically includes a tow policy for $1 / year. But if you use it, your whole policy gets jacked up 30 % for 3 years.

I pay approx. $110 year for AAA. I have used them a couple times over the last 4 or 5 years.
No increase in cost and always prompt and polite.
This will tow whatever or how many items 200 miles/day
truck
bike
trailer.

You will have to weigh it all out. For me, I am happy to pay the fee and get good service. And no surprises that hit my wallet later.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have progressive and I'm a AAA member as well. Congrats on your decision to get a Wing and welcome to the forum from Pa. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Picking up new wing next week after I compLete my BRC. Haven't rided in 25 + years so this is my last hooraw! Anyway, would like some advice on best road side assistance organization to join. Thanks in advance! Happy and Safe New Year to all!
Welcome!!!
Attended a rally at Jacksonville Beach, FL some years ago, the prize for oldest rider went to a 90 year old Winger. :eek: Bet you're not to old, "YET"!!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Wing

Well I'm feeling down right spry at 69! Parents are 94 so maybe there's hope for me.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Come Feb, 2011 I will be 70 so keep it going. I may get old but I refuse to grow up!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on your new Wing.
I belong to GWRRA and I have their basic roadside assistance plan.
Ride safe and have a Happy New Year.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on buying a new toy.

I ride without roadside assistance....just a credit card in case. Never had a problem yet. If it costs me $75 a year...... then I have already saved $1500 towards the next towing. Problem solved. (20 years of riding without a tow.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like your philosophy there GoldDigger!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome aboard fg. AAA (AMA up here) is what most of us here use, just check to make sure that they cover any incurred damages if you ever need the service, lots of support crews don't know how to handle a bike properly, let alone a touring rig like a Wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Passed the FL BRC today, but they tell me I can't get my endorsement until Wednesday. Supposed to pick up the wing Tuesday, so now it looks like Thursday. Well I've waited for decades, so I guess a few more days won't matter. Thanks for all the well wishes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts