Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I flew into Phoenix on Wednesday .....picked up black navi abs and rode off to Yuma to visit my son and finally back up to Oregon 1500 miles....first oil change in Bakersfield....I could not be happier with a bike...this is the motorcycle that I have thought about for several years.
When the sales guy started the engine my wife and I just laughed...so smooth and quiet.....I love the way this motorcycle rides...like it is on a wire...smooth even power.
On the down side wife hates the wind and buffeting...looking for new windshield.....
THis is my 100,000 mile machine....:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congratulations Tooth. It might be quite a while before you can wipe that big ol smile off yer face. And every time the smile starts to fade you put a new farkle on the Wing and the grin gets wide again.

You might want to look at some Baker Built wings to control some of the wind. Some guys are saying those and windshield position (couple notches up or down) help a ton. I guess there is a "sweet spot" in the windshield position to block a lot of the wind to the back seat. Best of luck on the new ride.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
We never tire of hearing the expressed pleasure of that first ride. Can I assume that your son is stationed at MCAS Yuma ? I can't imagine having to live down there for any other reason! Your first purchase for her comfort should be the " Mirror Wings ". They are the least expensive of all the possibilities and your going to get them sooner of later anyway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Congratulations on your new wing. !500 miles is not bad for a first ride. Over how many days was that. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
A new ride is always a beautiful thing. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats tooth, where is the pic

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a 3 1/2 day trip home from Phoenix to Orygun....My son actually took a job inYuma working for Yuma Regional Medical Ctr ...he is a Reg Dietitician.....they payed him the most and being young money talks....It was the best riding weather I think I have ever had....66 degrees and sunny. I told him to prepare for HELL come May.....100 plus....

I still cant get over starting the bike up...the engine sounds so nice and smooth....it is one fine machine.

Trying to figure out a way to ride back to Ohio the first week in April and dance around weather and still make good time.....all to ride the wing....my wife has called the bike...."The Black Bear"...

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
We never tire of hearing the expressed pleasure of that first ride. Can I assume that your son is stationed at MCAS Yuma ? I can't imagine having to live down there for any other reason! Your first purchase for her comfort should be the " Mirror Wings ". They are the least expensive of all the possibilities and your going to get them sooner of later anyway.

It has been almost a year since I bought my new wing and the smile is still there! Congrats on your new "Black Bear." Ride Safe :D
Do those "Mirror Wings" make that much of a difference for the passenger?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Lots of after market windscreens out there for the Wing. Do your homework and find the one that works best for you and SO. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Do those "Mirror Wings" make that much of a difference for the passenger?
I can only say that if I turn them inwards to allow max airflow to me I get a bad signal from the rear seat driver. I can only surmise that " she " gets an updraft under her helmet. All I know is that I will never do it again unless I'm alone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beauty and the Beast

The Lady and the Bear

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
What a beauty!! Thats both the bike and the lil lady!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Great looking wheels Tooth. There is just something heart warming about the grin of a happy passenger. Go ahead & ask me how I know. Make her comfortable & you'll see more. Enjoy the smiles & the miles. Ride safe.

Oh by the way is that the 66 Museum in Kingman?

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Great to hear, they are a great ride. It's a lot of fun planning all the places you want to go also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on your new wing i wanted the black one but the wife had the final say yellow it is. It only gets better i think the cold weather has a lot to do with the wind problems for the passenger. My wife was complaining about it so i ordered some baker wings they do help quite a bit. My wing is 3 months old 6000 miles on her just went to the darkside due to a nail in my rear stock tire. Just gets better with each ride best of luck and safe riding to you

·
Registered
741 Posts
Best gadget to stop the buffeting for your passenger is the passenger seat air deflector from Kuryakyn (sp?). I wouldn't spend money on another windshield unless you really just want another windshield. Just put it all the way up when two-up. The buffeting she is experiencing comes from the turbulence behind her and the rear deflector really helps.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on your new wing i wanted the black one but the wife had the final say yellow it is. It only gets better i think the cold weather has a lot to do with the wind problems for the passenger. My wife was complaining about it so i ordered some baker wings they do help quite a bit. My wing is 3 months old 6000 miles on her just went to the darkside due to a nail in my rear stock tire. Just gets better with each ride best of luck and safe riding to you
Pete...forgive my ignorance but I am assuming the "Darkside" is the usage of a car tire?
thanks to all for the kind words......I really love this bike....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing. You will Love it !! In a couple of monthes you will say to yourself, "why didn't I do this a few years ago". Ride Safe !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts