Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, no pics yet, in fact I have yet to pick it up since I'm in Wichita KS working, but by no later than Saturday noon, I'll be back riding:D. Just short of 3 months after the accident, we signed papers on a new 2012, an Ultra Blue Metallic level 1. Now, I admittedly had not been a big fan of the 1800 styling (just me), however, with the 2012 in the works I was keeping my options open:eek:. Saw all the pics I could see, seen it sitting in the crate at the dealer a little over 2 weeks ago and got some jitters, finally got to see it put together last week, I was falling.... then I sat on it and over I went (not literally):eek:! I wondered if there was going to be enough change to make me move up, and this could be it. Got the SO to the dealer on Saturday, she sat on it all of 30 seconds and asked why we weren't doing paperwork! Momma absolutely LOVES the saddle, more room for her, I'm stoked and ready to ride. No real special offers... paid MSRP, my dealer is giving me 700 in accessories, also got the extended warranty for 7yrs coverage and the Honda Pro Care, all scheduled maintenance for 3 yrs unlimited milage. I don't "wanna ride" I'm Gonna Ride! Ride Safe, see you out there!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Grats on the new ride, I am sure you will love yours just as much as I do mine.

You mention an accident, I assume it was a motorcycle accident?

Only promotion I got on my 2012 was the 3.99% for 6 years.
Come time to sign the contract and they had it at 8% for 5 years. I reminded them of the Honda promotion and they re worked the contract and lowered the payment by $120 a month. That promotion ended June 30th, not sure what they have going on now.

I took the wife for a quick ride and didnt think to adjust my back rest forward for her so it cut into her legs a bit. Other than that she likes it alot as well.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Good for you guys Whacker. Enjoy the road. Oh & don't forget the pictures.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
11 Posts
congrats on the new ride :)...we have been really enjoying ours.....she liked the white one, but we would have gotten a blue one too if they had had it in stock....but the white has "grown" on me since getting it in the driveway....ride safe and goodluck :)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Congrats and be safe on this one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got home from Wichita early enough today to get the new wing picked up and a few break in miles on her. The trunk spoiler is on order, will have to assess for other farkle after the reciever hitch is purchased and installed. Will start investigating thigs this weekend. Snapped a couple pics tonight at the local lake.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
I know it must be a optical illusion, but it looks like you need new tires!

Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They do look good in blue. Very nice!

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Great looking ride. Like the color..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Glad to hear your back riding whacker. Are you going to pull the same trailer? Congrats on the new Wing. Plenty of good riding time ahead.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Grats on the new ride, I am sure you will love yours just as much as I do mine.

You mention an accident, I assume it was a motorcycle accident?

Only promotion I got on my 2012 was the 3.99% for 6 years.
Come time to sign the contract and they had it at 8% for 5 years. I reminded them of the Honda promotion and they re worked the contract and lowered the payment by $120 a month. That promotion ended June 30th, not sure what they have going on now.

I took the wife for a quick ride and didnt think to adjust my back rest forward for her so it cut into her legs a bit. Other than that she likes it alot as well.
I got 3.75% from my CU. What a great deal. 66 months.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's never too late to get the Utopia backrest.
Are you saying that Utopia backrest protects the passenger? Is it because the bar is not exposed?

It looks like it could be troublesome for, let's say older passengers who aren't 18yo and 110lbs anymore :) due to lack of room between the passenger's backrest and the driver's backrest.

http://www.utpr.com/gl1800.html

I have to remove my backrest when the wife hops on back to give her more room. It's all good as the aftermarket seat is a deep dish for the driver.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on big blue, I love mine and I am sure you will love yours. Besides... Blue is the fastest coor! ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts