Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, I just bought my first wing last week. I am trying to add things slowly. I shop at a great local online store, valueaccessories.com, which is very reasonable. I have been buying from them for years...….the owner stated that in order to add anything electrical...lights, etc, that I must add a fuse box/harness like the accessory fuse box and harness sold by Show Chrome. Otherwise the bike may misbehave when I add stuff. Is this true? I will say that the harness does make it easy to add things like lights.

Also, what's with the trunk lid? almost everytime I go, the bike tells me the lid is open. what can I do about this?

so far, I love the bike.....it's very cool! one guy tried to abuse me about the auto trans.....I shut him up by asking if he puts the bike in first gear everytime he stops.....everyone else is supportive/jealous!!

thanks, I'm sure I will have more......epi

·
Super Moderator
28,031 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from PA.

As far as add on electrical components, I can only imagine that most of what you will find for the New Wing would be LED so the extra load on electrical should be minimum. As far as manufactures, nothing against Showchrome but if I add electrical relays/switches, and such I always go to Electrical Connection. If you check carefully most of the manufactures mark their stuff from the Electrical Connection. Below is a link.

https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/brand/honda/goldwing-tour-18/

Also notwithstanding your relationship with valueaccessories.com, you may want to check out one of our site sponsors for accessories if nothing more than ideas of what's available and comparitive prices.

https://wingstuff.com/shop/for_the_bike

Again welcome along, enjoy the new ride and the site.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have to assume this is a new 2018 - 19 goldwing since you said it is auto. So the electrical is a canbus system which means you need to be careful how you connect electrical items to the bike. Unless you know what you are doing I would suggest you add only items that were engineered for your bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
you definitely need an isolation block. i had a bunch of lights installed by Goldstrike and they came with harnesses that plugged in directly to the existing bike's harnesses. no need for isolation blocks or worries. truly plug and play.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts