Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Aspy with a huge windscreen (see icon) and would like to replace it with a standard one. My dilemma should I get one with the vent or without a vent. I also was planning to get solar tint. Any thoughts . . . thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Are you looking for an OEM windscreen or an after market one? Don't think OEM comes with solar tint. I like the vent screen. If you are not looking for new there are a lot of OEM used screens out there for a good price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I prefer the vent, the windshield blocks enough air as is. In warm weather I can use all the air on me as I can get. :D

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Carl, I have vent & wouldn't be without it. If money isn't tight I personally think the F4 windshields look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the vented windscreens actually change cockpit temps pretty well,once you have a vent you'll never want to be without one in hot summer climates!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I totally agree with the rest. The vent makes cleaning the windscreen alittle harder but the extra air in the summer more than makes up for it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the advice. I got a Memphis Shades windscreen with vent and solar, $130 including shipping. I think I did good. Anxious to install it; right now here in the Ozarks its 18F and 6" on new fallen snow.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
The vent will also be handy in the cooler weather. If you just barely open the vent you will not have as much air coming around and hitting your back and neck. The vent being open slightly has very little effect on the front of you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. I got a Memphis Shades windscreen with vent and solar, $130 including shipping. I think I did good. Anxious to install it; right now here in the Ozarks its 18F and 6" on new fallen snow.
Hey Carl, How do you like the Memphis Shades Solar???? How dark is it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Memphis Shades Windshield

CIMG0481.JPG

CIMG0482.JPG

I don't know if this will work, but here is two pictures of my windshield that I installed today.
Memphis Shades Solar w/vent

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solar Screen

CIMG0477.JPG

CIMG0482.JPG

Here are before and after pictures. I think the screen just looks better; size and color. The Markland was just too much to handle in the wind. I haven't ridden yet; outside in these pictures was 6" of snow on the ground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had a Typhoon II installed w/vent....love the VENT..hate the windshield.I order standard height...had to be 3-4"" taller than oem...alot of distortion looking thru....would not recommend

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
go with the vent and the solar tint will cut down glair. when i replaced my windshield i got the vent but made the mistake of getting a clear windshield

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've installed a tinted Windbender this year and so far it has been all positive for me. Haven't been in the rain yet and don't intend to be. lol.Tony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts