Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I asked for some advice on what Goldwing had the most room. I'm 605 and about 340 lbs or so and I don't fit on some bikes. I listened to the advice and was talking to a gentleman on a 2000 Wing but he seemed a little hard to get along with so we never got to a deal. It was almost like he resented someone interested. I don't think he really wants to sell his bike because he was selling it due to his age. Maybe it was hard for him to part with and I can certainly understand that. He has a very nice bike though.

Well, I wound up buying a 98 Valkyrie Tourer. It's the maroon/creme color in very nice condition with just a little over 10,000 miles. I have plenty of room and is very comfortable. I'm in the fun stuff ($?) of outfitting it to my tastes. It has a shorter windshield and I'm looking for better protection, gps mounts etc.

This will be a road/traveling bike and I'm already making plans to be riding it to bike week in March.

Thanks for the advice and help. :) Blake

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
REmember the site rules Blake, pics or it ain't real:D But congrats on your find just the same:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I had a heck of a time convincing my self that I needed a Goldwing and not a Valkyrie.
Congrats sir on your new machine...As stated pics please :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okey Dokey, I haven't taken any pictures myself of the bike but this is the bike pictures on ebay. My first thing to do is replace that short windshield. I'm thinking of going to the stock shield or an F4 in their largest size. The frame is still there so I'll just use it.:) Blake

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Nice looking ride. :)

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
That motor is such a Beast....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congratulations on your Valkyrie, She's definitely a Hot-Rod Honda. I had a 97 Valk and really do miss her!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Congrats that's a beautiful bike, like the color combination.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
now go ride by that old guy's house and show him what you got :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts