Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just bought a 94 goldwing 1500 trike with 65K miles. Looks well kept. Bought from a Trike conversion shop and shop owner told me it had been well maintained. (he wouldn't lie would he!?) I am new to to goldwing trikes and was looking for advice. Should I take it to the Honda shop and have them look at it mechanically? Is there something specific I should ask them to check? It seems to run great. Clutch cable seems a little sticky. Appreciate any advice!

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Where is home for you? I never owned a trike, but there are a lot of folks who do. If your not overly handy, I would have the bike checked to make sure everything is in good working order. 65k is not a lot of miles so it should have a lot of life left in her. Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Lots of nice folks on here.

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
If you have your doubts about anything I'd take it to Honda. There is no clutch cable on the GL-1500 its a hydraulic system, have Honda check it as it may have to have a fluid change. The Goldwing is a fantastic running bike and that is hardly any miles, I have a 93 with 62,000+ miles. If the timing belts haven't been changed, change them for peace of mind. Enjoy the ride, you'll like a trike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site from Scotland i have an 1100 interstate (1980) conve rted to trike(1999) love this bike hope you enjoy yours as much as i do.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Hello and welcome from Illinois, good luck with your trike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts