Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to Wing Forum

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  bossdog 
#1 ·
Hello fellow wingers. I am from Goddard, Ks and I have been an avid motorcycle for many years. I am looking to get back on two wheels soon with a Honda Goldwing. I got my eye on a 1984 goldwing aspencade. Only 57,000 miles and seems in good shape. Any tips to check before buying it? Thanks in advance! :)

#2 ·
First, welcome to the forum from Pa. Never had an older Wing, but from what I've read the stator is something that may require attention unless it's been recently rebuilt or replaced. Timing belts are another item that you should check. Other than that, Goldwings run for a long time without too much trouble, even the older one's.

Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

#4 ·
Welcome from Ontario Canada pudgyhd. My '82 ran like a top and with proper maintenance, they'll last forever. Check other posts in the forum for suggested maintenance on the older machines. This is a great site with knowledgeable and friendly riders.
Ride safe,
Strat

#8 ·
Welcome from another Canuck pudgyhd. Stators are a bit of an issue with the 1200's. Can be dealt with by replacement and proper soldering and insulating of the connections; but a big job if not already done. I put over 160,000 on my '84 with only stators to contend with, 'cause I didn't know about the soldering trick, bummer for me 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.