Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 97 Aspencade with 32K on the clock-looks damn near new.
It's a stable mate to an 04 Honda ST 1300 and an 09 Harley FatBob. Don't know why I needed it, but that's irrelevant.

Question- the right side passenger foot board does not fold up tight like the left side. I can't see what's causing the issue. any help?

Thanks all- now my problem will be which bike to take

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Where is home for you? Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello doxbike, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome my man, sorry I don't know what the problem would be.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
doxbike,

I'm not quite sure why that would be happening. However it's not a big deal to disassemble it. Should be Phillips screws on the bottom chrome trim that will expose the allen screws take them out & you can take the board off then further taking it apart you should be able to find why is binding. Hope this helps. The only other thing to watch is a cable for heigth adjustment by passenger if it has it on. Don't know if the Aspy's did.

By the way as the other guys said. Welcome.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome doxbike. Like fossil said, must be something binding a bit, shouldn't be a big thing to sort.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got it sorted out. The flip up portion of the board was never radiused to clear the little nub on the stationary part. Little filing resolved the issue. Obviously the PO never had them folded flat.
Is the ignition key shroud strong enough to hold a Ram Mount for a GPS? If so, how does the shroud come off-no help in the owners manual, haven't dug into the Chilton's that came with the bike yet. Also the manual says to check the coolant, with no mention of how to go about that-Help!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome!!! You have some very nice bikes!!
Ride safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts