Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site while I was looking for info on replacement tires Dunlap vs. Bridgestone vs. Avon vs etc) Going with the stones, hope it works out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Me too, I started riding again after a few yrs off. I have a 98 SE and will enjoy reading about all the G/Wing adventures. I may be one of the old guys [68] riding, but it's better than just laying on coach. I leave Sunday[weather permitting] for a 4 day trip to Texas hill country. Later

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
D D & T B welcome to the site. Have fun & ride safe.

Found this site while I was looking for info on replacement tires Dunlap vs. Bridgestone vs. Avon vs etc) Going with the stones, hope it works out.
How does a guy from a town named Goodyear buy tires named Bridgestone :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF desertdog and taco bender. i have dunlop e3 tires on both wings. i'm not one to say which is best but i'll never buy a bridgestone tire unless its an emergency and that goes for the cages too

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
D D & T B welcome to the site. Have fun & ride safe.

How does a guy from a town named Goodyear buy tires named Bridgestone :rolleyes:
goodyear doesn't make bike tires anymore:D

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... I HAVE BEEN RUNNING DUNLOP D-404's AND WILL BE SWITCHING TO DUNLOP ELITE-2 ON MY 85 ... THE 404 FRONT TIRE JUST FEELS WEAK TO ME IN THE CORNERING ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to both of you. You are going to like the forum. Ride safe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Goodyear

Never really thought of it, and yes the city was named for Goodyear Tire and Rubber. Long story about long-strand or long staple cotton used in tires back in WWI, but here i'm Everyone in my GWRRA Cahpter swears by the Bridgestone.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its interesting to see so many 60 and above riders out there. 65 has been a standard retirement age from work.For many of us this is the begining of the fun years, we've worked hard for a lifetime to get what we have,maybe saved a few bucks, we can afford our toys and have the time to enjoy them. Our Grandchildren smile as we ride off on our bikes going wherever we want in North America and on our own time schedule.
I love this time of my life,we worked hard for it. I'm one of the "Old Guys" too Taco Bender :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... I BOUGHT MY 85 LTD FROM A 86yr. old GENTLEMAN ... HE SAID IT WAS GETTING HARD TO HANDLE ... THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH ... SOOO HE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A "CAN-AM SPYDER 990 TOURING" ... HOW COOL IS THAT ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woo Hoo, just got back with my new tires, slick but a nice ride, need another 60 miles on them to break them and and get the oil off. My D204's served me well, I'll keep the forum updated on how the Excedra's perform.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I live in western Texas, and we have alot of 65 and above riders here. We have known and rode together for many yrs. I used to race Bultaco M/C's and thats where taco bender comes from hehe. Looking forward to ride reports. Again thanks for the welcome

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome from Canada guys. I'm a few away from 60 yet too, but hoping that is the magic number to Government employment for me. Desertdog I have done quite a bit of riding in Az, and loved every bit of it; even if it was during my dark side days on the airhead v-twins instead of a wing. Ride safe:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
AZ Riding

After suffering thru our hot as hell summers, as you know we have some awesome riding down here. Thanks for all the welcome notes, BTW I love new new Bridgestone Excedras!!! Not putting down anyone's favorite, but i am very happy with the ride and cornering / holding the road with the Stones leaves you feeling very confident. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts