Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been lurking for the last few weeks. I have been in contact with a dealer in Florida for a couple of weeks now. The dealer is a couple of hundred miles from my home but I will be passing thru on my way home from a road trip for work. The 'offer' the dealer has made is a 2010 ABS for $22500 out the Door but NO $1000 free accessories. Is this a fair deal. I will buy tomorrow if I like what I see but is this a good deal??

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
List on the Honda website for the model you are looking at is $26,600. So $22,500 out the door is $4,100 off list. That's what I got of my 09 base model. Sounds like a good deal to me... Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Based on what I read on the free accessories form.....the dealer cannot withhold this as "payment" taken off the price of the bike. You should be down to the 21500 range with ABS. Many dealers are offering this. I got my 10 Nav/XM for 20500 plus the 1k in accessories plus the extra year of warranty (total 4 years).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got $1000 of free accessories but when it wasall said and done, I only got a few add-ons.. Because labor ate up most of the offer..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Not sure about down there, but the accessories should be retail price and what the dealership does about the labour is between the two of you. Still a good deal though. Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The deal is done! Thanks everybody for the advice and support. I got the 2010 ABS model in black for $22500 out the door which includes the TTL and dealer fee.... I forfeited the accessories. This works out to a sale price of just a bit under $21k. Smoothest transaction ever... bar none.

I pick up the bike on Saturday next week. As a plus I get to drive it back home about 225 miles.

Donald

·
Registered
44 Posts
The deal is done! Thanks everybody for the advice and support. I got the 2010 ABS model in black for $22500 out the door which includes the TTL and dealer fee.... I forfeited the accessories. This works out to a sale price of just a bit under $21k. Smoothest transaction ever... bar none.

I pick up the bike on Saturday next week. As a plus I get to drive it back home about 225 miles.

Donald
Congrats! What color did you go with?

EDIT: Nevermind about the color question.....duh!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good deal ibcop. Did you have your Glock on at the time ? :)
Strat
Ha! No, didn't have it strapped on at the time but I did do all the haggeling on-line. Dealer versus dealer! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha! No, didn't have it strapped on at the time but I did do all the haggeling on-line. Dealer versus dealer! :D
Sounds like a great deal. From one new Wing owner (8/10) to another, welcome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. From one new Wing owner (8/10) to another, welcome!
Thanks and same to you! And we got the same color!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Ride home safely...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody... it's gonna be a loooooong week for me :D

·
Registered
30 Posts

Donald
Interesting, the exact bike and color I'm interested in. I've got an 03 with over 100k and am thinking of getting a new one. Who was the dealer and where? They got to be somewhere near where I live in North Central Fl.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shimpy, they are in Kissimmee up your way relative to me here in Miami. Central Florida Powersports ; I spoke to the GM there Jason Ennis. Of the many vehicles I have bought in my life I can say that this was the smoothest transaction and just an all around comfortable- no pressure deal that I ever had. It was quite by coincidence that I stumbled upon them.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Donald
Gotta ask, What does "Dealer Fee" mean and how much was it?
I hope he's not charging you to sell you a bike??????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shimpy, they are in Kissimmee up your way relative to me here in Miami. Central Florida Powersports ; I spoke to the GM there Jason Ennis. Of the many vehicles I have bought in my life I can say that this was the smoothest transaction and just an all around comfortable- no pressure deal that I ever had. It was quite by coincidence that I stumbled upon them.
Donald, thanks, may just ride my bike down there and see what they will give me on a new one.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dealer fee was $99. What is it? Profit margin I suppose

1 - 20 of 20 Posts