Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. As of 30 June 2011, I became a new owner of a 2012 Goldwing (Black/Silver with XM/NAV). I sold my 2007 H-D Ultra Classic to buy this superb motorcycle. It is my first Goldwing and now nearly 4,500 miles I'm not looking back. Oh and my wife is especially enjoying it. The ride is awesome and surprisingly handles very well. It may look like a bus in comparison to other motorcycles but it handles as well as some sport bikes I've previously enjoyed.
My wife and I took it on the recent America's 911 Ride. She was amazed at how after 16 plus hours on that Saturday ride to New York she felt no pain or discomfort. Meanwhile friends who we rode with didn't fair as well. So...definitely looking forward to a cross-country ride being planned for next summer.
I am also very pleased with the Honda dealership (Shenandoah Honda) I bought the bike from. Definitely a whole lot better experience than the one with H-D when I bought my 2007 H-D. They certainly didn't try to rip me off. (In fairness, not all H-D dealers are the same.). Also found them very helpful and my first service was great. I am particularly happy to see how much more merchandise (i.e., parts, apparel, riding gear, etc) and servicing is reasonably priced. This looks like it will be a great experience.
Also, rece recently joined GWRRA and like what I see so far. The club definitely promotes what I'm looking for: to meet others who enjoy riding, doing so safely and having fun.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Welcome the GWOF from the Keystone State HD, good people here & discussion.

Now you have some homework to do, pictures of the bike, select an avatar & complete your profile so we know where you hail from.:D

Ride Safe & enjoy the site.

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. All it takes is one ride on a Wing and you never look back. My wife loves it for the comfort also. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello hd traitor, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
My 08 came from Shenandoah Honda, although I am not the original owner. I will say that it was at that Dealership that Mz. Vickie first sat on a Goldwing so the place has sentimental value to me. Welcome to the fold.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Always love to meet a H-D swapper. Don't think your a traitor...just think you came to your senses. Welcome to the Forum:)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. Post some pics so we can see your new ride. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Harley makes some sweet bikes! But when it comes to comfort and down-home friendliness, Goldwing & wing riders are THE ones!

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the state closest to the sun, Texas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Everyone

Appreciate the welcomes to the GWOF and appreciate the comments.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the Wing ride safe and enjoy.
I once owned Harley Electra Glides and I came over to the Wing and like it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Cheers HD Traitor (btw you're still riding so you ain't no traitor in our books:D) & glad all your experiences so far have been so positive, it's what our chosen passtime needs more than anything.:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Harley People

Called a local shop asking about buying 2 tires for my 97 1500. Guy quoted me a price so I ask him when I can drop off the bike to get the tires? Idiot tells me they only work on American bikes! Well being the wiseenhammer I am I proceded to describe the MADE IN AMERICA badge on my goldwing....asked him why would you turn down cash business for something so silly....He hung up on me... His competitor was glad to sell me 2 tires and take my money...still laughing

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Congrats on the transition to comfort. I was out with my two Buddies, HD riders, on the weekend and travelled almost 1000 km or 600 miles. The BOSS and I were fine but the HD wives had sore butts and one fellow said he had to move up to a Wing or a BMW because of his old bones. I don't think it is his old bones but his HD addiction. When you start riding long and if you ever make it to Cape Breton, voted the #1 Island in North America, give me a shout and I will help put you on some good roads. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Ex HD rider, Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I have just spent 4 days with a large group of bikes of which many were HD's. I do love the sound of a HD on the pipe but I don't want to be the person on that bike to get the sound. Eric

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana:

To get the most out of your wing I recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle. Hook up with a local chapter and ride.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

1 - 19 of 19 Posts