Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!

I am currently in the Tennessee Army National Guard serving in Iraq. I have been considering purchasing a Wing for the past year or so but since I was going on deployment, decided to wait until I returned to the States to make the purchase. Also, Tennesee does not charge sales tax on purchased vehicles if bought within 90 days of the deployment ending which will be a big savings.

I have owned several bikes starting when I was 15 with a honda hawk 400T and followed by a CB750 Custom. The last bike was a CB450 that I sold in 1991. I have always liked Wings since that first bike purchase. I am a bit concerned with the size/weight and the fact that I have not owned a bike for the last 18 years, but I'm pretty sure that if I take my time I can adjust to the new wing in no time.

I have been lurking here for about a month and I really appreciate the information and the freindship that is shown to everyone. I am looking at purchasing either a 2009 or a 2010 model. I haven't decided. Until I get back and make my purchase I will continue to lurk and try to educate myself as much as possible.

Thank you all for your time and input!!

Kalabron

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Lurk Away My Friend ... Wonderful People Here And Now Having You Makes It That Much Better ... I Want To - Thank You - For You're On Going Service ... Tell All That Myself And Many Many Others Think About You Daily And All The Others Serving ... Wishing You A Safe Tour And A Speedy Return ... Even The Older Wings Are Good Rides ... Happy Trails ...

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Kalabron, Hear Hear to Ronzillas welcome. It is because of yourself & your comrades that we enjoy the freedoms of our great country. I too wish all of you the best.

We are a pretty good bunch here & offer many different opinions so get your butt back home safe & buy that Wing. I too took a sabatical from riding while my boys were growing up & had no problems with the big bike. I will say it is big & different from the ones you mentioned but as you said take your time & be careful.

Again Gods speed

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
... Howdy ... Lurk Away My Friend ... Wonderful People Here And Now Having You Makes It That Much Better ... I Want To - Thank You - For You're On Going Service ... Tell All That Myself And Many Many Others Think About You Daily And All The Others Serving ... Wishing You A Safe Tour And A Speedy Return ... Even The Older Wings Are Good Rides ... Happy Trails ...
and welcome to GWOF. don't forget to go over to "how you got your screen name" . see there is more to do than lurk around here cause next someone will want to know how old you are , how tall you are, or did you research your wing on the forum :D, have fun on the forum

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to our country. Hope you find the Wing of your dreams when you get back stateside. I've been to Knoxville many times to attend the Honda Hoot. Great city with lots of great riding. Be safe over there and ride safe when you get back home...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts